The Sailors of the Seas: Prologue

“Welcome to my library, traveler.”, said the mysterious woman.

You ask where you are and who you’re talking to.

“Ah, as for my name, I cannot tell you that. However, this is the Grand Myriad. Do you not remember coming here?”, she asked you, fiddling a book in her hands.

Come to think of it, you just appeared here suddenly. Although, you don’t remember the Myriad looking like this. It was a giant library with halls that spanned over endlessly. You explain this to the lady.

"Ah, I see. You must be thinking that I’m talking about Randal’s library. As I stated before, this is the ‘Grand’ Myriad. This is much higher up than that Myriad, and normal Skyships can’t fly up here. ", explained the woman, returning the book to the shelf.

You asked about the Grand Myriad.

“The Grand Myriad is a library filled to the brim with books. However, each and every book is important, as every person who has ever sailed the War Seas has a book here. Every hero and villain has a book with details of their journey, including their feats and even crimes.”, said the woman, gesturing to the endless halls of the Grand Myriad.

This place seems promising. You need to find out how you got here, so you guess it wouldn’t be so bad to read a bit. You thanked the woman for her help as you wandered through the endless halls of the Grand Myriad.

6 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire:

For those confused with this story, this will contain the origin stories of multiple AO players. Stories of pirates, merchants and heroes will be put on full display as you attempt to find the book that shows you how you got to this mysterious library.

To my dismay, I had reached the bottom of the prologue. As the white outline of a heart fills with a gentle pink, I smile.
“I shall eagerly await the next chapter,” I whisper.

This is a great piece of writing. It’s descriptive, it contains thought-out and fitting actions and development, everything you’d want. I’m not an expert, but this seems like pretty high level stuff.

Just make sure your grammar is checked through thoroughly. Wouldn’t want to ruin writing like this with simple errors.

“The Grand Myriad is a filled to the brim with books. However, each and every book is important. Because, every person who has ever sailed the War Seas has a book here.” You can combine these two sentences, I think it works better.

In that first sentence, this: "The Grand Myriad is a filled to the brim with books. " Make sure to clean up this grammar, too.

But seriously, great work. This is awesome writing. Here, I’ll give you a like as compensation for lecturing you.

Ah, thanks for pointing some of these out! Sometimes, when I’m writing, I tend to forget about certain things! I’m fixing them now!