The Steel Anchor: Issue # 3

This time I was in time, eh?

Beaten to the punch

Some readers may remember of the project by the Graham Bell Gardens group to create a fast firing weapon to mount on ships. A merchant, reportedly the same unknown merchant from last issue, has bought out the group and patents. This acquisition may have turned out to be against the favor of the new GBG, since the period of acquisition allowed a blacksmith from Palo Town to make his own fast firing cannon. There is still hope, as GBG’s weapon was planned to be faster and perhaps even longer ranged.

New Life

A few explorers have reported a new animal around Limestone Key. It has been described as a two legged, furry creature with big ears and a glint. This is currently just rumors and neither the Marine Biology Society or the Research Corp. have sent out teams to confirm this finding.

Business is Boomin’

Last issue we talked about Shura’s Rust Removal and Repairs. After this feature in the paper, he reported he was “Overwhelmed” by new business. While he does appreciate it, he also notes he cannot keep up with all the requests. He said with all the new income he will hire a crew to help with business.

Culinary Artists Unite!

A few renowned chefs and farmers have formed a guild to “Give the War Seas a taste of good f***ing food”. They have currently set up two locations at Palo Town and Sailor’s Lodge, the latter being a stand. The guild’ name is “The Chefs’ Union” and they have said they will open up more locations as well as build a small fleet of cooking ships.

A win for the Grand Navy

Pirate activity has sharply declined. This is somewhat of a phenomenon due to the fact no special missions have been sent out, at least no public announcements have been made. I personally would advise caution, but that may just be personal paranoia talking.

Special thanks go to…

GBG Inc., The Chef’s Union, Shura’s Rust Removal and Repairs, JJ’s Bounty Acquisitions, and most of all, you!

(ooc): Nothing really, just a thank you for reading. Something big is coming, and I kinda don’t like the fact I’m gonna use it in this specific way. Anyways, see you soon.

3 Likes

Awesome! I wonder what kind of dishes they are serving at the Chefs Union? Why not try a hand at describing a 5 star dish they would serve there?

Why not?
Castillian Calamari Noir
The delicacy passed down from generations in far away lands includes a well cooked array of squid tentacles accompanied by a heap of spaghetti served with a tinge of squid ink in its tomato sauce as is traditional.

Green Goo
Don’t let the name dishearten you, it is a mix of the most delicious herbs, spices, and vegetables, each ingredient prepared to perfection and mixed in a manner that complement each other immaculately.

Fish Sticks à la Olympus
As the name suggests, this dish is truly fit for godly consumption, it is a fish stick composed of two golden fish types and with specially prepared yet subtle herbs.

Not really the chef type myself, and just thought some stuff on the fly by looking up fish recipes and some inspiration.