The Tragic Life of a Healer-(Prologue)

‘‘Can they really restore my arm?’’, asked an old man, his wiry grey hair bobbing up and down along with his head in pure excitement.
A heavyset guard grunted a confident ‘‘yes’’ and shoved the Healer right in front of the man. Dead green eyes met hopeful blue eyes as the old man looked down at the short individual. ‘‘Well, if what they say about you is true, could you please heal my arm?’’ The Healer looked at the stump of an arm the man had waved in their face. ‘‘Not like I have a choice’’, they said.
‘‘What? Aren’t you doing this out of your own free will and good nature?’’ A bitter laugh seeped out from their hood, sending chills down the old man’s spine. The guard shifted uncomfortably in place.
‘‘I wish that was the case’’, they said, shooting a glare at the guard as they laid their palm on the old man’s damaged arm. A soft emerald glow began to surround the arm, flesh regenerating at an astonishing speed and ending up in a fully functional, brand new arm.
The old man’s eyes began to moisten with tears, as he profusely thanked the Healer.
‘‘Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, they will do nothing to free me from this wretched fate.’’
Though the old man did not understand what the Healer had said, he walked away happy, even as a cold chill began to creep towards his heart.

2 Likes

healing magic = mid

true, if you’re going to take a healing magic, may as well bite the bullet

I’m only going to use Healing Magic ever just to go with Sacrifice Magic. OP combination. At least, it should be.