The Viability of Various Modifiers

This is about all modifiers, including but not limited to: Atlantean, Archaic, Blasted, Crystalline, Drowned, Frozen, Superheated, and Sandy. It discusses their viability in both PvP and PvE and other general applications such as meme builds or unconventional builds. Feel free to comment on any of the statements I make. Also, note that certain modifiers will be more or less viable depending on one’s build, but this is just from a general perspective of what someone may want.

Atlantean - Its viability depends on the item, and the stats wanted from the item. Generally, on MOST gear types, Atlantean is a downgrade in almost every way because of Insanity unless Power or Defence are gained from it. Other alternate stats are simply not required now because of the availability of other sources of them, like Archaic, Crystalline, etc. The only alt stat that is unique to the Atlantean modifier specifically is Agility, so use that as you wish. This is very viable for rare gear types or items that cannot be modified with any modifier other than Atlantean because it is basically a free exotic enchantment slot. Note that this modifier changes stats depending on what you already have and will not use any new sub-stats like Armor Piercing, Regeneration, or Resistance.

Archaic - This is always a direct upgrade for any build. Archaic, granting Attack Size, is a useful modifier that makes attacks easier to hit. Generally, it is incredibly useful to have but it is often overlooked because of the Attack Size stat being overlooked in the meta. As a user of a 400+ attack size Earth Iron Leg warlock, Archaic is VERY powerful for high-size magics and under no circumstance should it be overlooked. Best for high attack size builds.

Blasted - The best modifier in both PvP and PvE. This modifier is unfarmable, making it an obscenely rare modifier for new gear. Providing power, it is a mainstay for builders who want a little kick to their attacks, but don’t want to sacrifice other stats like enchantment stats or jewel stats. Best for builds either high in power or lacking power to give people a little boost where there is not one inherently available.

Crystalline - This is in the same boat as Archaic, albeit a little better. Attack Speed is helpful for negating startup and end lag and is even more helpful for making attacks easier to connect in fast-paced PvP. It isn’t necessarily useful in PvE (because NPCs are inherently incredibly stupid and predictable) and makes it only slightly easier to hit bosses that are naturally much harder to hit. Best for builds that either use high attack speed or need attack speed to do well (like slow magics).

Drowned - This is a mix between Frozen and Archaic. It is not very useful because it gives half as many stats as Frozen and Archaic, which is not worth investing time in, especially as this modifier is obtained in Underwater Structures and by fishing. Overall, it is only useful in very specific builds requiring these stats particularly. Best for more gimmicky builds.

Frozen - Currently the best modifier in the Nimbus Sea, due to its accessibility. Granting defense, it is absurdly powerful for Metal Arcanium Armor and power-focused sets like Poisonmancer or Glassmancer (especially). The defense bonus it grants is similar to the Hard enchantment, which is very good for a rare enchantment. Being able to combine modifiers with enchantments is insanely good, especially when talking about magic equipment with Exotic enchantments. Best for both high defense and lower defense builds, as it provides an undeniably useful boost in one’s max HP (but not max regen speed, so be careful!)

Superheated - This is the closest we have to Blasted. It is easy to get, obtained from treasure charts at Ravenna and Sameria (needs confirmation), and gives Intensity and Power. This is still garbage because, like Drowned, it gives less power and intensity than Blasted and Sandy and is pretty annoying to get for how useless it is in PvP or PvE. It is only really effective in very specific scenarios or when blasted is unavailable for you.

Sandy - Grants Intensity. There is no purpose in using this for any reason other than Wind Magic / Boxing Knockback bonuses and trolling the population of Arcane Odyssey players. That or increasing the duration of Scorched for synergizing. Overall, it’s a C-tier just because it’s funny. It’s best for Wind or Boxing users and people who need the most intensity physically possible, but that’s just about it because intensity does a bunch of random things that don’t have much purpose in certain applications, like increasing the size of rubble.

Thats everything! If you want, comment your favorite modifier / Favorite stat for the funzies. Also, remember that feedback is nice!

2 Likes

Um… you can get akursius charts on a normal file… That lvl 20 thing is just there to prevent abuse

they do generate though?

I have done multiple of them recently.

you can get these from swamp island treasure charts, lower chance compared to the others

Will be more useful when the intensity rework finally comes around

I would also like to say, the modifiers are roughly equal to the rare enchant of the stat they give for pure stat ones or one of the rare gems of the stat they give for the hybrid ones.

Not roughly, they are exactly T1 enchants when it comes to stats

I swore frozen was 1-2 less/more defense than hard, or maybe that was smth else I forgot.

Nope, its exactly the same amount as virtuous/hard scroll. I tested it on a lvl 130 agility amulet

hm, mustve been smth else then.

I’m sure that on a low-level file specifically made for farming them, they weren’t obtainable. This was during the first wave of patch notes, so i don’t know if it was fixed, but I haven’t seen even one chart since the update released, so if its specifically common charts being unable to generate them or if its just me, I have no clue, but I swear that they are somehow glitched to prevent them from being obtained until some point (which, i’m guessing, is level 80+, where they are random islands and not just ones that you’ve discovered) but thanks for confirmation that they still exist!

They were obtainable a while ago, before the update. like I said in the previous comment I made, I tried for HOURS to get them after the Nimbus Sea update released, with no luck, on a file at level 20 so I could farm them. I’m glad for the input, but I don’t need to be told stuff I already know. They ARE obtainable somehow, I’m just not sure if its only on rare+ treasure charts, or at level 80+, or if its something else, or even if this has been fixed. Again, Thanks for the input.

bro he added a level you have to be

All of the chart modifiers are of similar viability since they all give the same stats as a rare enchant. Importantly, they also bring an uncommon/common item to the same EP as a boss drop/rare item, which greaty increases build diversity (e.g. fighting style and arcanium items are pvp viable now). Because of this I’m not sure why people hate modifiers.

Modifiers are only as viable as the stats they give in reference to your build; not sure why you are stating that certain modifiers are more viable than others. Archaic is just as viable in a build with size as much as crystalline is in a build with attack speed. Power and defense happen to be core stats, which makes Blasted and Frozen generally always viable. But you can build around basically any modifier you get by changing gems and stuff.

Atlantean is really good in that you can put it on literally any armor piece. It gives rare items way more EP by being one free exotic enchant, and it’s spot is uncontested on rare items. One insanity is literally free and you can learn to play around two insanity if you want. Not sure why you’re slandering atlantean modifier when its a free t2 enchant, even if it doesn’t give power or defense.

Because it gives insanity as a debuff, you are essentially capped at one or two atlantean items for realistic use. So you’d really want atlantean on a rare item because if it’s on an uncommon item then you have a wasted free rare modifier space that you can get by moving atlantean to a rare item.

(not sure why i felt like typing so much for a random post, but this is effectively a guide post with barely effective information)

You should probably edit your message since I think enough people called out that this is wrong. Akursius charts can be naturally generated, but it was patched so you have to be over level 80 (no more blasted farming since at level 80 you can get charts from undiscovered islands).

I see. So, the whole deal with Askurisus Keep charts not spawning was simply a patch to prevent farming. That sucks for me because I was hoping to grind for blasted Arcmancer gear for my Poison warlock, but I suppose it is semi-balanced.

Thank you for clearing that up btw. I read through the Nimbus patch notes and found nothing on treasure charts, so this helps a ton.

They do spawn! There is a glitch where if your account is below level 70, you can only get Arkius Charts. But the only thing is Arkius has to be the ONLY island you have besides dawn and redwake bc those don’t spawn charts.

There’s no glitch (and there never was), arkursius charts are now unobtainable until lvl 80 to prevent blasteds’ farming

2 Likes

AHEM

GLASS CREATED BY LIGHTNING ATTACK HITTING SAND ATTACK, RESULTING IN A BARRICADE-LIKE DOT

JUST GLASS IN GENERAL

MAGMA POOLS

ACID PUDDLES

WATER PUDDLES, SOAKED IS REALLY UNDERRATED

POISON CLOUDS

SAND PILES

SNOW PILES

LOG :wood:

ULTIMATE ART COOLDOWN

LITERALLY ANY STATUS EFFECT GETTING 1 SECOND LONGER FOR EACH 24 INTENSITY

BLEED
PARALYSED
FROZEN
PETRIFIED
BLINDED
CRYSTALISED
DRAINED

OVERHEATING/FREEZING

RAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

like Halo said, useless.

Thank you so very much for this info. I will be the blasted farmer of all blasted farmers eventually (before the update, I got 4 blasted arcspheres from farming, plus a bunch of amulets).