Thoughts on being up late to complete homework?

late as in waking up 12am-3am

i was gonna ask my teacher but i wanna know what you think and youll prob respond earlier/first

(do i stay up late, is it worth it)

[i was dead serious on asking, i wanted to say that i would follow my teachers advice]

procrastinate within reason
always gauge how long you think an activity will take you, then do that much at the last possible moment
I usually try to always finish before midnight

It’s not worth it.
Staying up late means cutting into your sleep and less sleep = lower efficiency and lower efficiency = having to stay up later which means cutting into your sleep even more which…
It’s a brutal cycle that not only affects the quality and quantity of your work, it also negatively impacts your health.

5 Likes

do all your homework right after school. you should never have to even consider staying up late for homework.
sleep is more important

3 Likes

ask yourself

would you sacrifice your next day’s performance for this homework

say if you have exams or subjects that require big brain next day, then don’t stay up unless not finishing homework today would get you in a ‘serious’ trouble

I would say some advise here but my way of doing homework isn’t something to look up to

I did my homework 40% of the time and when I did do it I either did it early (like in class, when we got it) or I did it late (like in class, when we had to turn it in).

usually not worth it cause you’ll probably too tired to do whatever you studied last night for, try to finish them before midnight or at least try to get 6h of sleep at least if you truly need to do it

i do it and it’s probably bad idk time will tell and i’m gonna regret this

It’s a perpetual cycle that’s really hard to escape
you sleep late cuz homework, fall asleep in class, don’t know shit, procrastinate homework, sleep late :recycle:
just don’t get behind in the first place

pov: tomorrow is saturday, and your homework is due today (and was given today)

I have become a master of gauging exactly how much effort it will take to get a good grade, and then doing only that :sunglasses:

(this is incredibly unhealthy dont actually do this)

never done that, I always manage to complete it before the last minute

honestly nah, usually you can get it done in the normal hours, even with procrastination

if you dont binge anime or videos for 5 hours