Thoughts on casual players?

Today someone tried to spawncamp me at Ravenna immediately and i didnt even notice so i spawned my boat and started sailing away lol, to which they tried to jump on but fell, spawned their boat and started chasing me, sending me multiple messages about me being a coward and should turn back and fight them. After going all the way to the jaws and zigzagging for awhile when they were still chasing me, I went all the way to the back of pelion rift and left the server :rofl:

2 Likes

1 Like

I hate PVP but it turned out I’m really good at Ship vs Ship so that is fun

1 Like

On god man. I had 400 fame on my light conjurer build and a damn assassin’s syndicate glass leg warlock comes up to me, fights me for ten minutes, and actually manages to kill me. He had 40k renown too. What the fuck is up with them?

1 Like

I remember once i had below 500 renown or so and yet two assassins tried to attack me.

And I was with a friend, who had much more than I.

@Imalettuce Yeah, but what were your and your friend’s player kill count? Because I’ve noticed that a lot of the people who hunt me gloss over the others in the server with 500k+ fame and 200 player kills to target me (~120k+ fame at any given time and 7 player kills). The reason I know this? I check everyone who joins the server and monitor the player kills of players with bounties to see if they’re hunting. If they’re not getting any kills, I know they’re hunting me, plus I get that feeling of being hunted beforehand, which leads me to check their kill count. I even caught a guy doing that. I was doing diving points up and down the western part of the map, so the guy couldn’t find me for the longest time since I was “sailing the Bronze Sea.” I go to Shell Island to do some brewing and here he comes! An Assassin Syndicate member! With only 26 kills! I was an easy target in his eyes. Funny thing is I still managed to leave the game before he could kill me. He even threw a slowness III potion at me while I was brewing but then he just stared at me for a second, probably to see if I’d react. Then I ran, climbed up some cliffs waiting for combat mode to go away while he desperately tried to hit me (if I remember correctly he was a sailor-ice warlock—imagine that!), and then I left. Better luck next time, LOL!!!

1 Like

Right now I have 55, but that was well before then
So I think I had like 45 then

In that case it seems like they were just being petty. Dang. :sob:

Honestly I don’t really even get why there is an argument against casual gameplay, like yeah I get there is a large competitive fighting oriented community of AO but the actual purpose of AO isn’t a PVP game, it’s a story/exploration adventure with combat features.

this is so true
i used to find myself picking the target with lower player kills when deciding two high bounties to hunt, it would be embarrassing to ambush someone just to get your ass kicked yk

not anymore B)

Good on you for moving past that :muscle:

I remember being around level 70 and fighting some assassin’s (npc’s) to level up my fighting style. Then a maxed out warlord spawned and proceeded to kill me as I was fighting an npc.

You’re exactly right. A couple months ago I was debating people on the Discord server about global pvp and used that argument, but it didn’t matter because they just couldn’t wrap their head around the fact that I don’t want to ambush people and ruin their playing experience given the chance. They kept arguing that adventure games can be pvp oriented, and that Blox Fruits was one of them. I don’t play that game so I don’t know how true that is. It’s like they derived all their fun out of inconveniencing people :sob:. Shortly after I realized that bringing up any sort of criticism for the pvp system will only bring out the toxicity in people, I haven’t talked about it since on the server. I don’t understand why those kinds of people get so butthurt about it. Most casual players have no problem with pvp. They just don’t want to be the target of a sweaty metamancer while they’re in the middle of something. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this could be fixed by simply separating fame and renown, fame for pvp and renown for pve/storyline. The existence of deckhands is the root of the problem and they should be hired for money with a certain renown requirement. No one can convince me that these deckhands haven’t heard of us after we destroyed Fort Talos and murdered a king.

2 Likes

wait a minute.

hold up.

Blox fruits.

an ADVENTURE GAME?

BWAAHAAAHAAA

alright your friends are like 12 or something cuz ain’t no way they said blox fruits is actually an adventure game

They’re just some rando on the server, and yeah, they did say that.

blox fruits is definitely not an adventure game, it’s a simulator.

(a pretty money hungry one at that too, I don’t care how cool mochi v2 looks, the entire purpose of the game is to consume your wallet.)

1 Like

Regardless, the moral of the story is don’t bring up anything bad about global pvp on the Discord server or you’ll be swarmed by offended supersweats.

Wow, people are gonna defend global pvp in this game by using Blox Fruits, which if I recall correctly, has an option to turn off your ability to pvp people for if you don’t feel like having your day ruined?

1 Like

Not exactly, when you get killed your pvp is disabled for 10-15 minutes but you can turn it back on if you want

I thought I remembered there being a pvp disable button though on the left? Was that for only re-enabling it when u die? Damn. I don’t play that game much anymore