Thoughts on casual players?

then it was 43-63
or the player was hacking

I dont think hacking would change anything, you cannot take dmg from players

Very glad to see that post because so many good points have been made in this thread that I hope will make a difference!! I also hope that lots of yall with suggestions will continue to contribute ideas over there or other places because I have so many thoughts about how stressful this game is for a casual player but absolutely no idea how to explain or suggest things lol, but the replies here and over there have been sooo good and I appreciate all of them !!

maybe barrels?

nope tried myself ngl lol, it’s physically impossible to dmg players under lvl 50, or the method is extremely obscure

i have like 200k renown and have ben jumped a few times as a casual. my renown is so high because i continuously beat my rival half to death in order to get treasure charts for map completion. Love potions are my best friend man

I had one of the top 10 players come and ask me to fight. He was nice enough to let me go to Redwake and turn in my cargo but before “we” fought I showed him love gel. He asked what’s that and when I told him he attacked, and i attacked back ending the fight. He then went and attacked my ship but with a shipwright nearby it didn’t bother me.

I have 226,000 bounty and 19 PKs.

I’m completely fine with them, because I, in fact, am a casual player myself. I much prefer PvE to fighting actual people.

that’s actually really fucking annoying
yes i’m a pvper, and i do the exact same things he does, like letting people finish treasure charts, or waiting for them to turn in sealed chests, and for you to just waste his time by using a love gel really says a lot about how bad the potion system is. what vetex really needs to do is change how we get deckhands as a whole because renown is ruining the game

truly an unjust game

1 Like

did ya know that love potions used on yourself cancels out love effect

using a love potion can just cancel it. I’m sorry I don’t enjoy losing bounty and money.

Yeah renown’s only use is leaderboard and deckhands so changing the deckhand system will fix one of those problems.

1 Like

just dont go after people who dont want to fight bro

yes

That doesn’t even make sense, if you didn’t want people to come after you, you wouldn’t go for high renown. You having over 10k renown LITERALLY puts a target on your back, sure vetex shouldn’t have the game work this way but it’s not my fault for playing the game as intended. If I REALLY wanted to be an asshole, I wouldn’t even bother waiting for treasure charts. I could care less whether you want to fight or not, just don’t waste my time running. If vetex really wanted to make everyone happy, renown would be just for pvpers and deckhands would be obtainable without pvp.

its not my fault that in order to get map completion i beat up my rival hundreds of times resulting in a significantly higher rep than i should have. If people dont want to fight they dont want to fight, if someone uses a love potion on you learn how to counter it instead of complaining my guy. you are not entitled to being able to kill other players whenever you please

I never even said I go around RKing, the rival and deckhand system are just bad
Just thinking about the kinds of players that will literally avoid pvp even though they have no reasons not to learn it like bad pc or high ping and just avoid confrontation. If you really didn’t want to get attacked, just reset ur rep to neutral, it doesn’t get much easier. I WILL drink a love potion and keep attacking you, i could care less

2 Likes

then stop complaining nobody is forcing you to go after people who run, if someone runs away from you just go after someone else. if someone doesnt want to learn pvp because of metamancers and no lifes that’s fine.

your chances of winning are almost none

Anyway.

I do agree that it was a jerk move for Shell to do it how they did. However, love gels probably aren’t going to be removed. It’s going to be a part of the game no matter what. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

People have brought up a possibility for a separate pvp stat while renown is a pve stat, I support that notion if deckhands have to stay the same. Maybe you could make it so you can get deckhands with pvp and pve (a combination of both values) too.

3 Likes