Thoughts on destruction/destructible terrain

the most annoying thing to me BY FAR is how terrain destruction disables Marking visuals, you’ll just be doing a chart and some random rival goes yapping and breaks all the grass within the immediate vicinity, and suddenly you’re unable to distinguish where one grass tile starts and another ends because you can’t highlight them anymore.

I can live with it, personally.

stole this from someone somewhere on discord

:pensive: :smoking:

I still can’t believe he said this.

Hmm, never knew that. Yeah that feels like something that could be tweaked or fixed.

it sucks, everybody saying its good is the peak of insanity

1 Like

People like you are why I run max attack destruction and size

1 Like

Funny that it’s a gif of Beerus using destruction

This depends on where the destruction is… a lot of times it’s cool, but then there’s situations like fort castrum… the npcs have anti cheese making it so if the floor’s destroyed a lot of times npcs won’t get damage which is really annoying at times.

I feel like it should be limited sometimes in places like arena floors(both pvp and boss)… it’s so annoying when you’re fighting a boss/player and then get cemented into the floor or just get stuck under it because of destruction.

it’s annoying in some places such as

1. shieldguard(grinding amelia is impossible without destroying the bridges nearby)
  2. castrum(like fexo said)
  3. djin ruins(it’s annoying for people that try to kill him)
1 Like

Yeah, I agree with these. I feel like limiting destruction to terrain and removing it or severely cutting it down for towns, bases, and manmade architecture could be a possible solution?

make things more destructible

I think one major issue with destruction is that most puddle/hazard magic is completely nullified if you sneeze too hard at it.

Electrified water puddles practically don’t exist.
Same with glassed sand piles, glass debris and more.

do glassed sand piles do something?

yes!
they make loud noise and look shiny(tbh not much)

ah thought my regular sand piles were missing out on bleeding stuff

Just make the top layer more destroyable!

close, make everything more destroyable

they’re supposed to damage you if you step on them like glass debris, but lightning destroys the sand piles instead of converting them so that basically never happens.