Tier List for all Upcoming 190 Magic Combos

my god AO is just a playground for people who love math and analysing

two questions:

• did vetex already say second magics remove other magics status effects?
  • have you already started analysing meta combos with three magics already? because holy fuck there’s a lot

Plasma and poison in F??

whoa damn, how long does this takes you to make?

people overrating water lightning combo big time

you can lay traps and have a damage buff, it isnt overrated, its just good

Thing about Water/Lightning is that it isn’t just the most obvious damage synergy.
It’s also got way more clears than it has any right to - literally every status except Poisoned, Snowy and Freezing (but it does cover Frozen). This is almost as good as stuff like Snow/Magma or Wind/Ice and it’s not even trying.

The damage synergy isn’t too hard to clear (pretty much every good build clears Soaked), but when it’s not cleared it’s definitely among the best synergies - you’ve got an easy to land 10 second status that turns lightning into a 1.1/1.5 magic. Given you’re almost certainly disabling your opponent’s synergy, this is going to win you any fight where it’s not disabled.

the only really bad matchup it has is against Wind, but Wind is S tier so

Plasma/Poison is outclassed hard by Fire/Poison, which is +25% instead of +10%.
The only advantage is that Plasma isn’t cleared by Wind, but Wind clears poison anyway so the combo is disabled regardless.

Pretty much every self-respecting build clears bleed, and Glass/Earth clears nothing.
Bleed is only 5 seconds long, so you don’t have much opportunity to take advantage of the +30%. The synergy isn’t as good as it looks, and the matchup spread against the best builds (which clear bleed) is awful.

Admittedly neither of these builds are bottom tier (not when there’s options like Fire/Water), but I was too lazy to tier anything except the best combos the tier list is objectively true and can only be disputed by another tier list.

I feel like light and crystal would be either equal to or better than wind+ice. Light has the speed, crystal uh, has the synergy. Plus light and wind are both good pvp magics with a not so good pvp magic. Wind + Ice has a bad synergy while Light + Crystal has a positive one.

I just realized how limited the combos were…huh…

Yes, but glass inflicts bleed, which makes Earth do more damage, meaning it should atleast be brought out of bottom tier, as most would rather have a damage increase.

sorry if im dumb or wrong

Light/Crystal is definitely one of the ones I’m most unsure about.
On the one hand, that synergy is good, and most of the stuff that clears it is not so good. A lot of fights you’ll get to use it undisrupted (including the important Wind/Ice one).
On the other hand, it clears literally nothing, so it doesn’t have any particularly good matchups either, and when it gets cleared it’ll just fold over and die.

The most direct comparison is Fire/Poison - they’re both kinda the same idea, very strong combo that’s not cleared by much, but poor clears so it typically can’t counter-clear when it’s cleared.
Fire/Poison is definitely the stronger option - harder to clear, better at clearing things, and arguably a stronger combo. Even if they can clear burning, it’s still a 1/1 with 1.5/1 setup hits.

Maybe Light/Crystal is still A tier, but I put it in B because I figured it was noticably worse than something in A tier.

As for Wind/Ice, that lives there purely on the back of being able to clear (almost) everything worth clearing. Meta said it best:

Having a bad synergy doesn’t really matter if your opponent doesn’t have a synergy either. Your gameplan is to just win with solo wind/weapons. Freezing is just the cherry on top.

I don’t think vetex ever said that - or at least I never looked.
Meta’s been asserting this is true for as long as I can remember, and I assume he knows what he’s talking about. Maybe he can clarify - he was probably pinged because I quoted him.

Also the three magic meta is solved - see the above meta quote.
Snow/Magma/Wind clears literally every synergy in the game, so it just wins every fight with solo Wind (or weapons). There is no counter to something that counters everything.
clears really ought to be toned down a bit

Like I said - Earth/Glass doesn’t belong in bottom tier, but since it can’t clear any status effects it’s not good enough to be near the top tier either, and I only tiered the best handful of combos.
Maybe I’ll actually try make a proper tier list later.

the sheer amount of work you put into this is amazing.

well

other than the F tie-

I don’t think charging your magic will clear the statuses that your second and third magics clear, but if you are caught in the AoE of any magic that clears an effect, you would be able to clear any with the Snow+Magma+Wind synergy. This would probably be easier to do with larger spells at higher levels, especially when close to your foe.

1 Like

this synergy stuff is confusing me for some weird reason

No, he’s been saying to use self explosions and other attacks on yourself.

I’ve been saying to shoot yourself with a blast while on the ground.

finally! MY MAGIC COMBO S TIER

also there are 192 magic combos, not 190

There’s 190

There’s 20 choices for the first magic, and 19 choices for the second magic (because you can’t pick the same one twice).
This means there’s 20*19=380 different first/second magic choices you can make, and 380/2=190 unique combos, since the combos “First/Second” and “Second/First” are essentially the same.

Or for an alternative proof, can you find a combo I missed?

GOD NO i was just messing with you

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.