Tips for finding the Epicenter

Im wondering if It will take multiple 10 hour journeys or if it’s just finding the right strategies

It may very well take more than 10 hours if you’re unlucky, considering it can spawn anywhere in i4.

Here’s a list of tips I got while searching for it myself:

• Get yourself a warding 6, swim speed set if you can (saves you from every single wave taking you to the Seven Seas and from accidentally sailing into i5 and dying). If harming potions do cancel waves grabbing them, use that as well. Also, power doesn’t matter because it’s just finding it.
  • Stay in the middle of i4 (epicentre only spawns in i4) for as much time as you can and readjust if there are things in the way (sail parallel to the sea borders). You can find it by timing how long it takes to get from the start of i4 to i5 and sailing half that time back.
  • Start at north, south, east or west of the sea border. Considering the dark sea borders are apparently rectangles, that gives the shortest amount to reach i4.
  • Use clearsight IV potions, makes it way easier to find it. You can farm clearstones for it easily at Mt Orthys. Also, use silver cauldrons to brew them if you can.
  • Avoid any islands, ships and siren rocks on the way, they waste time.
  • Use a speed boat without cannons and use whatever artifacts reduce weather damage.
  • Either repair in between waves (don’t do it while near one otherwise you might get dragged away) or at islands, just make sure you have enough hp to survive a surprise Atlantean ship.
  • The time at which you sail for in each server doesn’t really matter much. I just went two hours and went to a different one. Just be wary you can miss it if it’s on the edge of i4.
  • Check every volcano, they look similar to the epicentre. You can confirm its a volcano either by a plume of gas coming from the top, it isn’t big (you can sail around it easily) or it’s a light colour.
  • The epicentre is a very dark rock colour and supermassive, keep an eye for that with clearsight.
  • Use a render distance 5 or less to reduce how annoying rain is, or go in a server where the rain is glitched and doesn’t appear

I might be forgetting some tips, but that should be enough. Good luck!

4 Likes

Also, you can repair from the inside of your brig, since I usually don’t get swept through walls. Be careful of hitting things, though

1 Like