Tobi's Magic Circle Hub

hey tobi why don’t you make some symbols for the lost and ancient magics?

would really love to see a blaze circle

4 Likes

I kinda imagine the blaze circle looking like a plasma ball but orange and on fire

if that makes sense

or kinda like the plasma filaments and then there’s this ring of fire around it

2 Likes

probably cause we don’t know what they look like

2 Likes

imagination comes in handy here

2 Likes

@RetroPlant
I try to be somewhat accurate to AO, but as you’ve seen with many of the circles on this topic, I’ve taken some creative liberties. Some symbols I based on the original designs, and others are completely redesigned.

@DubiousLittleTyp0 All this to say I’m not opposed to creating custom symbols for Lost Magics. All I’d need is a list of Lost Magics and some descriptions, if anyone knows where I can find them?

well, you can find the lost and ancients here:

Personally I want blaze magic’s symbol to kinda look like the filaments in a plasma globe surrounded by a ring of fire:
just fuse these two images together and simplify it

1 Like

Thanks for the resource! I’ll take a look and maybe I’ll do some magic circles for some of these.

2 Likes

@DubiousLittleTyp0 Here is what I have for blaze.
I’m currently working on lost spells first, and then I’ll do ancients.

7 Likes

holy shi-

i’m just gonna yoink this…

1 Like

Tobiemoji_noprob

so like what’s the process to making these?

2 Likes

Damn thats pretty cool

(Lunar magic when)
1 Like

I create them using Adobe Illustrator, which is a vector graphics-based software.

Making the regular ol’ AA and AO circles were pre easy since they are mostly circles with symmetrical parts (lots of reflecting and copy-pasting)

The symbols are a little more interesting. I usually have an idea in mind for symbols, but I’ll also search around on the internet for ideas. Once I have something I like, I’ll draw out the shape in illustrator, and over time I tweak the shape or add things in. Tobiemoji_gogogo

Hopefully, that explained it a bit. It’s a little hard to describe my creative process lol.

1 Like

I’m currently knocking out symbols, top-down, from this list. So far Storm, Slash, Diamond, and Aether are done. Working on Poison Lightning rn.

Lunar is a bit further down, but soon dw. Tobiemoji_noprob

3 Likes

Epic

1 Like

jeez, I wonder what the symbol for sun is gonna look like??? this is a super tough one to think about… :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

LOL, haven’t thought about it yet, but I already have an idea. Might look cool since the AO circle kind of already looks like a sun.

1 Like

man idk about you but what if we made it a square!!! I think I am on to something here guys.

No way, square sun magic!!! JUST LIKE MINECRAFT!!!

let’s make all magics cubes

wait holy shit

VOXEL ODYSSEY?

1 Like