Trying to get good

A few days ago I’ve realised that I haven’t actually gotten into pvp since WoM, so I decided to try to try to get good at pvp.
First, I chose to reset my stats and go with a savant build with 130 str, 100 wep, and the rest in magic. I did choose a second magic (acid) which I can’t actually use yet, since that would make the build a bit more bearable (I’m not going to be quick enough switch between 6 different attack tools). Savant is quite different from my previous conjurer build, but you have way more options on how to approach a situation, and it’s way less predictable. It is taking quite a while to get into this new class, but I’m a lot more happy with it already compared to conjurer.

for my build, I’m using sailor style, lightning magic, sunken sword (I spent way too long trying to get this, so I will use it), lance of loyalty and a wildcard slot (generally atlantean bow)
My stats are: 50 power, 200 defense (I do want to increase that a bit) 241 agility, 109 size, 67 attack speed and 86 armour pierce.

so far I’ve only fought against like 3 different builds (size warrior (a pain) an average warlock and an acid conjurer). I haven’t really won yet, but I did get very close like 5 times, where we were both like 1 hit away from death. These builds are probably not the best builds to fight to get into pvp, but you learn faster if you face a challenge (meta builds like acid conj)

my current strategy is to rush in and get behind my opponent and then try to hit them with piercing strikes, while using shining cycle as a kind of poking tool. After I’ve landed it, I use sailor style smash (could be the slam or shockwave, depending on situation) and then I quickly switch to lightning to try to hit them with either a blast or explosion.
If they are playing more defensively, like staying in the sky a lot, I often use rising tide (I don’t have leap ;-; ) to try to get above them and then I use a shot or lightning blast/explosion.
I do also often use a combination of my instant t jump (high agility) and the slam smash. It’s probably not that good of a thing, but it feels cool.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for my wildcard weapon slot, they will be greatly appreciated. (and no, I will not lower my agility for more defense)

2 Likes

siren bow is better in every way

I’d recommend some sort of movement weapon for the wildcard slot so you can really throw opponents off. My favorite ones would be Elius’ scrimitars or Kai sabre, but lower tiered ones like dual swords or katana would work as well.

1 Like

Seems like you’re running some kind of melee savant with very high agility

My advice would be to use a dagger for Spiraling Fury + Dagger throw or Kai’s Sabre for Flashing Strike ( 100W req)

Sunken Sword Rising Tide height got reduced with its affinities change so if you need airstall then Spiraling Fury is the way to go

Since you have like 40 magic, I wouldn’t recommend using explosion ever but just set Blast to 20% and try to hit while your opponent is in endlag

Also, may I introduce you to my religion, Skull Crusher? It’s a really good and hard hitting grab with downward knockback

If you feel like getting some savant vs savant action and your region is either US/SG I can be your sparring partner

1 Like

I did try to use kai’s sabre, but I always seem to miss the attack and get hit during the endlag.
I could try to use it more for movement tho, since I mostly used it as a close range attack before

yeah, but I really don’t feel like spending 3 hours trying to get it

that could be quite interesting, but it’d have to use an old dagger to get both of the skills, which would have pretty terrible size scaling but I can try to see if it’s something that works.

I have 2 blasts, one with 100% size and one with 20% size, and I generally try to do this as much as possible.
yeah, I should probably use explosion a bit less, since the endlag is pretty long for the aoe and damage that it has.

I’m interested :fr:
I’d probably use that if I had enough points to unlock it on the halberd, so it’d have 2 decent moves.
but I’d think that just having the lance of loyalty is better, since it has an aoe attack which can be used in the air, and the grab is also quite strong and has downward knockback. Also I think that both moves get put on cooldown if you use one since both are grabs.

unfortunately, my ping is terrible in those regions, but thank you for the offer anyways :>

1 Like

breaking bad

Don’t feel too discouraged with the abysmal size scaling. Dagger throw doesn’t scale with size and your 240 agility could lead to really long Spiraling Fury

Psst. I’ll let you in on a little secret. If you hit it in the air it’ll knock them right down to the ground. Your endlag will end before they hit the ground however so have fun following it up with musket piercing shot or another 20% blast

I see… :frhigh:
I’ll try it tomorrow to see if I like it.
I’d probably use shot instead of piercing shot tho, since that’d get a damage boost from the bleed.

you can trade for it fairly easily

buy pvp skill with robux

I’ll sell it to you

optical doesn’t even have any skill to sell :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I do bro remember my trades

well if i can ill play a savant later if i can and pvp with you (im not toooooooo good depending on the file, no exotic stuff either so mostly skill based). also if you dont want to switch often then try to remove overlap (you don’t need two grabs unless one is snare, you don’t need three explosion like things like magic fs and weapon versions of explosion). i reccomend a shield as an empty slot as you wont need to switch to it.

I would recommend switching the bow for something with mobility like a dagger which has a great second mobility that can be used without activating a cooldown for piercing strikes and has a quick damage dealer. I would also try instead of just trying to get behind your opponent, just wait for them to use a move and punish their endlag with piercing strikes.

wouldn’t it be easier to do have 3 versions of a self aoe attack?
then you would have a much higher chance to already be using the item that does have the explosion attack, so you can react way faster .

I managed to get a few kills today.
I’ve decided to switch the bow out for tempered dual guns, and so far I’m really happy with how well they punish endlag
I also traded in most of my armour piercing for some more defense and size, since I haven’t really encountered anyone where it’d be good against

might just be my preference because you can swap stuff mid end lag

no, just learn your keybinds so u can free up weapon / move slots for other things