Unique Criminal NPC for a future Easter Event

Unique Criminal NPC for a future Easter Event
effort 3.285714285714286 7 quality 2.0 7 reasonability 1.333333333333333 9

Concept

A type of criminal (or hero) NPC capable of wielding the lost Egg magic. Beating the NPC would grant you the necessary egg for the hunt. This NPC has a really high level so that this challenge isn’t too easy. The NPC can also wield weapons and fighting styles, but they are imbued with Egg magic.

• Egg magic could have some kind of secondary effect, like blinding players with yolk

These NPCs would vary and fight like normal, and would have some kind of noticeable egg or easter themed cosmetic so it’s easy to find the right wanted poster. I don’t want this to be a guessing game.

• This could be as simple as having a giant egg for a head. Nobody could miss that.

Optional additions

A chance at acquiring an easter themed chart, whatever that may entail.

• Possible finds include:
    • Easter themed cosmetics, like bunny ears or a easter zigzag pattern suit and tie
    • Regular cosmetics with the “Easter” item modifier, which would have eggs emanating from it similar to magic armor.
    • An easter-themed reskin of a pre-existing weapon, unique easter weapon, a pre-existing weapon with an easter modifier, or easter reskin of a pre-existing weapon with one different ability or modified ability
      • Vetex really made this year’s easter event into the April Fools event with the easter staff being a back cosmetic. Unfortunately, I have now grasped the concept of a seasonal weapon variant, and I desire more.
  • Easter-themed cannonball reskins that leave cosmetic egg-yolks on ships.

The ability to make these NPCs your rival, so that they can stick around after the event is over. They would keep their magic, but would not give easter charts after the event.

• Optionally, they could give easter charts during every easter event.
  • This would require them to somehow avoid being eggsecuted despite their high level.
    • One idea is to consistently have one easter NPC per server that constantly comes back, kind of like how a rival behaves. This would allow this specific challenge to act more like an egg hunt, where you have to search the map for a single NPC.

Reasoning

Providing both variety and specificity is ideal in seasonal events that are expected to be different year after year. This, conceptually, should provide some entertainment appropriate to the occasion.

going up against a level 260 roided up npc now with slowness gel sounds boring and lazy and not very fun

completely unnecessary pver ramble🗑️

1 Like

NPC is kinda boring, easter modifier sounds horrible for trading, and just no to easter weapons and rivals. It’s just a seasonal event, no need to try and prolong the relevancy of the items past the event.

I do think that involving an easter bunny npc of sorts would be cool though, instead of some magic egg tome that has 20 random eggs.

can’t wait for this shit to be addded when ao becomes a mandatory game to beat for a event (it will be lvl 250 and require you to put in at least 20 hours to get to it)

I completely agree with the fact that AO’s events in general need to change from “collect all these items by doing this quite literally daily available task”, however a lvl 260 egg user that spams slowness is the most horrific idea ever. An easy replacement for this would be something like a tower that you need to reach the top of by defeating reasonably levelled npcs :person_shrugging:

lemme try and take your recipe and re-cook it because you have some ingredients but you havent used them properlly.

first off egg magic imo should be more along the lines of light/shadow magic (applying blindness, this blindness would be more like ink effects). they could proball drop easter imbdued weapons (apply the egged effect that easter magic gives).

april fools day paper-ink mage

is this a joke? egg magic? Egg GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

the only way an event weapon could work is if it were just a reskin of like the base weapon

Thank you! I completely ran out of ideas for some of the parts of this suggestion that you went over, hence the somewhat basic slowness idea

Dastardly level 300 villain throws eggs at innocent passersby (everyone in the arcane universe has an egg allergy)

People have been asking for weapon vanity for a very long time

now that I think about it, seasonal weapon vanity would be a good way to bridge the divide between the desire for exclusive seasonal weapons and the desire to avoid making strong equipment locked behind a seasonal event

I should probably edit the suggestion to include some of this

it’d be fun to have something else for the events, not just collecting, keep in mind vetex is working on the story and upping level caps first though so something this dedicated may be out of question for now, something easy and fun idk whether this is easy to code in.

lowered reasonability since i remembered they weren’t adding any new magics, it could be a joke magic though thats reskinned snow or something

Fair enough, though I wouldn’t dare consider giving players access to this magic.

just posting so this doesn’t close

I would rather do Eye of the Storm underleveled

Perhaps Vetex could just add a limited time easter side quest that you could complete to get an event item(s) or one of the eggs needed to complete a tome. In the case, the quest would set in the Bronze Sea and would involve hunting down a specific NPC, maybe a criminal dressed as an “easter bunny” or something.

nah we’ll never get event weapons or pretty much any limited event item that gives stats

the WHAT magic???