Updated runner guide

It’s me, arcane odyssey’s greatest runner. it’s been a WHILE since my last runner post, and the running landscape has varied wildly.

1. Grabs have been gutted. Losing the ability to grab while in combat for a huge boost hurts physically.

2. Dodge Reflexes. Dodge reflexes are CRAZY good for running, you can easily high jump, dash, mobility skill, and another dash. This is super good for keeping yourself in the air to get over rocks and reach the ocean.

3. Potions. Waterbreathing 5 pots and love gels are your greatest friends. Waterbreathing allows you to down a pot, and immediately skedaddle to the nearest ocean. You swim to the bottom of the ocean, regain your stamina, then swim back up so a shark won’t kill you, you’ll be out of combat, and you can leave. Love gels stop you and the target from damaging each other, so you can just leave when you’re out of combat, or get far enough away so they can’t put you back into combat. Waterbreathing is better if you don’t have a big AOE move to apply love gel with or when being ganked by multiple people. If you’re being pursued by one person and they can’t delete you with surge if you get a teeny bit too close to them, use love gel.

4. Gems. You can reach ABSURD speeds with max agility, agility jewels and swimming speeds. A max agility build isn’t necessary, but if you’re not trying to fight anyone, you can definitely go for it. I believe it’s like 400 agility for max, then you have 280% swimming speed. make sure to use that gem that doubles the secondary stat (i forgot which) and luck 4/5 so you can guarantee the maximum secondary stat.

5. Dark sea. If someone is trying to assasinate you at sea, the dark sea is your best friend, just sail into the dark sea and most people with either not follow or not be able to catch up to you before you can leave.

Summary: the new grab nerf makes warrior the best running class, as it’s the only class with 2 skills that move you away from an enemy. Simply high jump, dodge reflex, mirrored river/kai sabre, dodge reflex, crushing judgement. Waterbreathing and love gels are mandatory. Agility builds/swimming gems are gimmicky, but you can use them if you have loadout gamepass so you don’t have to constantly switch between your stuff. The new changes have been mostly positive to runners.

Just make sure to check for sharks before you leave in the water :skull:

1 Like

alternatively, bleed potion and shark repel

anyone trying to jump down with you is going to get mauled to death ( i spawned a poison jaws with that once )

Sharkrepel Potion: