V1.14 Meta Discussion

but im only using base deckhands since I only have 250k bounty

1 Like

extra turning would be nice on the brig that’s for sure.

Despite its lower base turning, the Brig has a higher potential turning speed than the Sailboat or Caravel due to it having more deckhand slots, which is pretty crazy. I can only imagine how fast this thing will be.

with base speed deckhands its +16 speed or with legendary its +28
With swift hempen sail +19 speed alternatively the archaic warship sailcloth (+31 speed)
Base brig +75 speed
Swift reinforced hull +12 speed

before entering the dark sea max speed is 134. With a swift light ram, you can get 308 speed.

With the only known darksea sailcloth its 146. And 336 with the swift light ram.

when the brig with 4 turning deckhands

AND HAS ONE HUNDRED TURNING

50 base + 23 from swift light rugged hull + 44 from 4 base turning deckhands.

base max turning on brig is 73 or 117 turning with base deckhands.

gonna do 360s while ramming ships

rowboat with swift light rugged hull is 123 turning. Add a single base turning deckhand and the rowboat has 134 turning.

Rowboat has 17 more turning than brig with only base deckhands.

I think fs are still gonna be meta purely from how good selino and uppercut seem

did you see flying phonix ??? it’s tempest aoe but with piercing gale speed and 540 dmg with 1800 hp

Surge might be rough for strength users. I think the meta will be pretty healthy this update. Maybe slightly worse or slightly better than it was in the brewing update.

with all the new stuff, the meta will prob be an extreme one

Testers keep saying it’s going to be nerfed a lot, it’s fine dude. The new skills haven’t been balanced yet, that’s why it looks crazy.

like whatever the meta will be it’s going to be insane

delete weapons

It seems like surge makes it really easy to land a grab on em

If grabs make Surge useless then the testers could just ask for Surge to grant grab immunity during the balancing phase.

ah yes. remove 3 entire builds.

4 entire builds and heavily nerfing savant

I feel like Selino needs some damage nerfing. We’ve already seen a buff for uppercut, being hitting two times more more often to drag people into the air more reliably.

But, what kinds of things do you think will be meta in the update? Magic might not be, especially conjurer, paladin, or mage. Warlock has a chance though.