V1.14 Meta Discussion

Continuing the discussion from Reminders for AO (Part 3):

One thing I’ll say is that armor builds will 100% be the most varied this update with all the new enchants, jewels and armors

2 Likes

I feel like Selino needs some damage nerfing. We’ve already seen a buff for uppercut, being hitting two times more more often to drag people into the air more reliably.

We don’t know what stats Vetex was using in that clip, it could be balanced fine as is for all we know. And with drawback and new enchants and all the crazy Dark Sea gear, the average damage per attack has probably risen a lot anyway, for all we know the Selino in that clip could be relative to everything else.

But, what kinds of things do you think will be meta in the update? Magic might not be, especially conjurer, paladin, or mage. Warlock has a chance though.

It depends entirely on how Dodge Reflex is nerfed, I’d say. If Mages are allowed to endlessly zone with dodge reflexes, then speed mage could be the meta.

I’m excited to see how the player base will change. Especially the players who do meta and want to see if warrior ends up being meta with like sunken sword, vindicator, and noble thunderspear

idk if dodge reflex is op or not…

just seems like an air dash, if you’re fast enough you can still punish moves

1 Like

Back when Dodge Reflexes were first added, testers said that Mage was the current TU meta due to being the zoning class that can now zone forever and never get caught, but they would be doing modifications to how Dodge Reflex works to prevent this before release.

I’m guessing weapon builds are TU meta right now, considering how strong Flying Phoenix is pre-balancing. After the balancing, the meta might lean closer to magic or strength.

?ㅤㅤ

Test Universe

1 Like

OMG Brig is gonna be meta and outclass all other ships! Nerf Brig.

The Brig is going to be so fun, it’s one of the biggest things I’m excited for this update.

Same. I was planning on doing a stability brig on my warlord at first but decided just to do a strong/swift reinforced hull and swift hempen sailcloth and just go as fast as possible rather than care about stability.

84% is fine.

poor mage getting slammed.

My goal for my Brig is just “Make every stat higher than it was on my Caravel or Ketch” :joy:
I’ll be using all Turning Deckhands.

(also this is totally on-topic, ship metas are a thing too :100:)

mage was meta at the beginning before pulsar nerf. Since than vetex made sure it will never happen again.

unless surge is broken…

i’ll just be making the fastest brig possible, no other stat matters

i have 2 speed deckhands and a turning deckhand. (base-rare)

thinking about getting resilience, speed, or turning deckhand.

plan on just being really fast. Traded with my savant file on my alt for a light ram which I enchanted with swift because… (2.3 ram speed)

If you don’t have a light magic ram I could get you one

overall my deckhands will either be

+8 speed, +11 turning
+8 speed, +11 turning, +6% resilience
+12 speed, +11 turning
+8 speed, +22 turning

on my sailorlord.

Turning only goes up to 14, apparently

1 Like

the only exceptions will be arcanium items unfortunately, i gotta have all 6 of my mage files use their first magic for each of their boats