V1.6.68 Sunken Sword small update

изображение_2021-08-24_205719

Okay soo new, update…Now SS apply Soaked status effect with attacks. Is this a big buff?
изображение_2021-08-24_211054

About Soaked status effect

Soaked is caused by any Water-based attacks(And you get it by entering any body of water). It has no direct effects, but it creates a blue overlay on the target’s screen for 10 seconds, and the target’s character will drip the color of the water they were hit by.
The effect is most notable for it’s interactions with other cold based magics to create the stunning Frozen effect. Soaked is replaced with Frozen if the target is hit by an attack from :ice_magic_var1: :snow_magic:

Soaked can be cleared using most heat and some other magics: :ink_magic_var1: :fire_magic: :magma_magic: :plasma_magic_var1: :explosion_magic: :sand_magic_var2: :wind_magic_var1:
will clear it. It increases the damage of lightning and some cold magics, and decreases the damage of most other magics.

• Increases damage of Ice spells by 25% , which replace the effect with Frozen
  • Increases damage of Lightning spells by 25%
  • Increases damage of Snow spells by 10% , which replace the effect with Frozen)
  • Decreases damage of Magma, Plasma and Ash spells by 5% , which clear the effect
  • Decreases damage of Ink, Fire, Wind and Explosion spells by 10% , which clear the effect
  • Decreases damage of Acid and Paper spells by 10%
  • Decreases damage of Sand spells by 20% , which clear the effect

How good is SS buff?

I’d say that its relly good buff. For it’s level range (50-100) having pocket “water magic” is really good. Because if for example, we will get our magic at level 160-200, then having “second magic” earlier is really good.
And dont forget that SS might will have new ~skills~ that will make SS more usefull for melee builds, and the fact that applying 2 status effect while having 1 magic is really really good

Finall opinion

Really really good

4 Likes

you mean we get our second magic at 160-200 or something right? Because when AO releases, the level cap will be 100. There is no way I can go for longer then what I already planned before I can get my magic.

but I’m a fire user

• Oh
  • No

Personally, as a water user with SS,
:sleeper:

yurhhhhh

I mean it’s cool and it’s not super op considering you will be able to get a second magic in the revamp, but it’s still a problem if it’s the only low level weapon with an effect on it by default since there’s no alternative for anyone who actually has reduced damage against soaked
At least it’s only a problem/advantage for conjurers for now, since using a weapon without enough stats spent in weapon skills would force you to use melee only (weapons are still mainly supposed to be used for their skills)

1 Like

Anyway watch people ask for 15 headless from lightning users to sell their sunken sword

6 Likes

It will take less time to get a second magic than it will take to get a sunken sword. Unless you already have a sunken sword, this buff is useless.

Wait wtf happens if you embue your sunken sword with ice or lightning or whatever
run

1 Like

Can you do that with all weapons?

1 Like

This is pog yes

It’s definitely a unique mechanic (for now, until other weapons are added with similar effects). A simple weapon that applies soaked could be helpful if you’re looking for synergies but don’t want to have water as one of your magics.

Still, unless you’re content with relying on just Rising Tide, you might have to invest skill points to make the most of it which may be detrimental for pure magic users.

For conjurers though, being able to synergize weapons with magics would probably very helpful.

Overall, definitely a plus for the value of an ss.

1 Like

May be wrong, but isn’t it exclusive with Arcanium weapons?

I believe somewhere on the vetcord vetex said that at high levels conjurers will be able to imbue their magic onto any weapon, and that it will work slightly different to imbuing magic onto an arcanium weapon.

1 Like

I see, my bad then. Thank you

1 Like

I think it will be a similar effect to how frostmetal may work, the initial hit does one effect such as frostmetal freezing an enemy that is soaked, and then the second hit dealing massive damage hence the “metal” part

all good, it may be an obscure point to most people

iirc vetex had said that both mages and conjurers could use arcanium weapons, but only conjurers could imbue their magic onto any weapon.
also arcanium weapons are going to work how it says on the trello, if its an arcanium bow it will decrease aoe, and increase casting speed but for conjurers it could be that you have the effects of the magic on the attack such as primal swipe with shadow magic for example

1 Like

FUCK YES. I CAN FINALLY GIVE MY LIGHTNING A SUNKEN SWORD. FUCK YES

I’ve also got a fire file, and my main is a wind, makes sunken sword bad for both those files :tired_face: And they’re my main files too :frsad:

2 Likes