Various Tweaks That Sound Nice

Various Tweaks That Sound Nice
effort 2.666666666666667 3 quality 3.0 2 reasonability 4.666666666666667 3

I was bored and wanted to make a suggestion and i thought that there’s a few things i’d like changed to the game… so yeah. that’s the topic.

Tweaks

• Make characters move with boats, so if i were to jump i’d still move alongside the boat, so momentum will carry. Newton didn’t die for this. this is mostly for when we get way faster boats and one jump will make us end up several miles from our boat.

• Improvements on performance mode. i have an extremely sucky PC, and i’d prefer my game look ugly than be spiky. the best way would be to just remove textures pretty much entirely, and i’m being legitimate, along with various particles or glow effects (though this would likely end up hindering travel through Mt. Orthys, even though it’s difficult enough as is.) this one isn’t too needed.

• Ambience. i’ve mentioned this in a previous suggestion so i’m asking for it again. ambience makes the game so much more immersive, part of why Shell Island and the Sky Library (i don’t remember the name forgive me) feel like such great locations. the birds and whatnot make it feel more alive, and it could be something that changes gradually with the time (owls at night, robins at day or whatever)

• More customization. lots of people ask for this and it’d be nice if we could all just comb through the various customization suggestions and pick out the best ones. from things like clothes to different hairstyles. maybe even hairstyles you could unlock from chests or something. (just a bounty poster of an ancient pirate, you go to the barber and say “i want this cut please” or something… i don’t know)

yeah that’s all. i don’t have many gripes about the game other than meh performance (again, on my part, along with Roblox’s crappy servers) and wishing for a litttleeee more liveliness.

i might make another suggestion, and a genuine suggestion, later. there’s some things about Savant that i’d like to see different, and i might mention weapons and/or Fighting Styles too, since I feel of the three main damage-related stats, they got the short ends.

(Magic’s just usually busted though sooo)

10 Likes

Make sharks not secretly be navy officers so that when they eat you they just shit you out at the navy base and then the navy digs you out and puts you up for an execution for no reason, yes?

4 Likes

The sharks are actually Narks so it has to be that way.

I think they already discussed about the boat idea

personally the shell island ambience gives me a massive headache.
its just a constant high pitched screech whenever I leave the town during the day.

potato mode

• removes textures
  • removes lightning
  • drastically simplifies vfx

PLEASE
add the option to make your character left handed

Are you asking this because limb loss always occours on the hand that currently uses weapons or…?

no
i just want there to be an option that lets you change your characters dominant hand
PLEASE
I SWEAR TO GOD FIND A SINGLE GAME OUT THERE WITH ‘ENDLESS CHARACTER CUSTOMISATION’ THAT INCLUDES AN OPTION TO CHANGE DOMINANT HANDS
no seriously i’ll give you 10k (galleons) if you manage to find it

im left handed and i hate it when the devs dont add an easy-to-add misc feature that satisfies like 10% of the playerbase

just mirror the animations

Get jumped and one shot by a White Eyes and then a cutscene appears that’s like Spandam dragging Robin around but it’s the White Eyes dragging you. He laughs in your face, puts you in prison and leaves. Unskippable and lasts around 4 minutes total of mostly dialogue, and then your prison time starts after.

oh that’s good. it’s just annoying when i spike and jump off my boat and then fall into the water and end up super far from it even after i stop sails.

pretty much :sob: would it look dogshit? yeah, but it’s probably the only way i can play the game on my microwave of a pc.

that’d actually be cool, and good for cosplays to make them accurate too

sorry for late responses it was like, 6 am and i wanted to sleep. just woke up and i’m still tired.

1 Like

nah its fine

Turned my Samsung smart fridge into an oven the last time I played AO on it fr

1 Like

This is really interesting.

It could help stave off the eventual replayability problem where vetex could just add a few more rare cosmetics to various drops.
Though the problem where having the look you want be locked to grinding/money is kinda sucky.

Others are also great, QoL is never disliked.

1 Like

I could not agree more with this I am also left handed and have been looking for a video game that lets you change dominant hands but I have yet to find it.

2 Likes

Minecraft

I’m surprised that this suggestion wasn’t given any attention at all.