Vetex appreciation thread

I don’t think the forum actually appreciates Vetex that much (Unless I just never see it or yall act differently on the discord)

So say nice stuff about him. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Actually listens to the community more than you would think

(Shameless self topic insert)

he doesn’t

You are the sole reason we should add a dislike emoji

and bio

I appreciate vetex

He was making whole functional games at like 11 years old, who else do you know that could do that

Made one of my genuinely favourite games ever, and still presses on with it no matter how much shit we give him.

Amazing work.
Never played a game for so long.
Best game I’ve played so far, honest.
(I’ve never played games much, but still…)

Dude is relentless, I’ll give him that. Man’s solo-deving using one of the clunkiest systems for an MMORPG and still manages to make one of the best games on the platform.

1 Like

vetex :purple_heart:

what is Orcus Sombra doing?

worshipping vetex

I have had that as my discord profile picture for like 5 years :skull:

We should make “Arcane Appreciation Day” or something to appreciate Vetex and all the rest of the mods and what not

When would it be though? The upload date of Arcane Odyssey or Vetex’s birthday

Might make a poll to decide

Other 11 year olds that gain an interest in coding years before that.

I made a post about Arcane Appreciation Day, vote up :smile:

With just enough determination you can literally make any decent game

Sorse - PirateSoftware on YT

One thing I noticed a lot that I dont think Ive seen people take note of here is that Vetex is actually online here rather frequently. Im pretty sure I saw him online on the forums like everyday at a specific time at one point.

I think this stopped a bit when he started working on the next update (or I just so happened to not be online lol), but after finishing Sameria, I saw him online a bit frequently again.

I think one big thing that happened recently that proves Vetex is listening is the fact that he literally updated the lore doc as a response to some discussion about some new lore about Vitality in the forums. In which the new lore doc update includes and even clarifies about.

Thats why I get slightly nervous about talking about Vetex sometimes, cause I know theres that chance he’ll be reading it one day, I dont wanna put him down by making him read negative comments about himself (I do a few jabs here and there, but theyre mainly just for fun :sweat_smile:)

I will never forget the fact that I saw Vetex online for quite a while when some femtex art got posted and was on top of the newest posts :skull:

There’s also a good chance that Vetex is still working on the game till past midnight (1am or longer) if his timezone is on EST (which is the time he announces the release of the updates).

This is judging from the time that the trello gets updated, which is sometimes at 1am. Its either 10pm or 1am. If we’re lucky, its earlier. (I think 10pm is the usual time he’s online here)

During the Dark Sea while building the structures, Im pretty sure the trello got updated on 4am. Judging from those trello notes, it sounded like Vetex was desperate to finish them and ended up overdoing it by 3 hours :skull:.

As you can tell, I have a lot of respect for Vetex. For the sheer amount of hard work he puts into the game and is still in touch with the community even amidst all that. And the fact that he started since he was… 13, its all the more impressive.

Honestly despite how much I yap about my problems with the lore, I genuinely love what Vetex is doing. I’ve been a fan of his games all the way back in the fairy tail game days. It was my first experience with a truly well made magic game. I kinda fell off until WOM, but when I got back in I was amazed at the quality. Vetex no matter what games he makes or what stories he writes, always has a special quality to them that just makes me come back for more.

Then AO released. I had stopped playing WOM for a few years by that point, but I had never forgotten how fun it was. So when I saw Vetex had made a new game, I hopped right on and was blown away by the story and gameplay. Never before has a game so thoroughly sucked me in, not only into it’s story and world, but also it’s community. I’ve never once made a post on anything that wasn’t some poorly drawn Entry Point fanart until I joined the forum. This game and by extension Vetex has shown me what it is to be part of an active and welcoming community, and I just want to thank Vet for the hours I’ve spent playing, writing, drawing, and talking about his amazing world.

So to you Vetex, and the AU community, thank you.

1 Like

eh we won’t be getting ship despawn so bad game :-1: