Updated Vetex's Accepted

I’ve seen a lot of people mention that Vetex doesn’t listen to or read the suggestions so I went on a journey to find out if that was true.

Our first stop was the Vetex's Accepted catagory… but that has stopped updating since October of 2020, so there will be no easy way to find all of these. Which means…I’ll have to go through all 1113 (At time of writing) Suggestions to find out.

WOM Era

Combat Logs actually taking infamy

It seems that before this suggestion, players were able to combat log with no repercussions in WOM. This feature has been added and carries on in AO, taking a decent chunk of fame / bounty with each log.

Combat logging should take away infamy

Cursor shape changes when aiming

Added to the game under the setting of “Change Cursor when Aiming”.

A New Cursor To Help Assist with PvP and PvE, and Magic Shapes

Additional Vanity Slots

Surprisingly this gamepass was a suggestion from a long time ago when the vanity slots were limited to 3 in WOM. I’ve always though this was in the game already but it seems I might have remembered wrong.

Useful gamepass idea

Separate PVP realm

This was added in the form of Elysium, a separate PVP realm that can be accessed by testers and moderators.

Separate realm for pvp only (arena/colosseum) and maybe matchmaking

Swap magic moves, Customization descriptions, and Move customization improvements

Some amazing quality of life suggestions from Inferno, I can believe we didn’t have these before this suggestion.

Magic Skill Creation UI Additions/Changes

TGR Era

Cargo and Ship customization

A precursor to how ships and cargo would work during AO, being shockingly accurate to how it would turn out to be.
Cannons & Ships

Dyeing items

Initially added in the February release as wandering dyers then finally cemented as a permanent dyer on Ravenna. This was a great option for anyone who needed specific colors for their drip, especially combined with the newest addition of colors!

Dyeing Items [Tailor Feature Request]

Unlocked WOM

WOM 2 or uncapped WOM was created in conjunction with the release of AO, allowing for a level cap of up to 10,000.

Make a Copy of World of Magic

Name suggestions

Another “small” suggestion that adds more player customization to the game, according to the wiki this totals up to 2621 first names and 923 last names in game right now.

TGR - Alv's Last Name Suggestions
All of my last name ideas for Arcane Odyssey

AO Era

Quality of life suggestions

Quality of Life Suggestions
Hiding move chat bubbles

More of an older suggestion, this wasn’t added until recently, allowing for the removal of move chat bubbles above your character with the “Hide moves in chat” option in settings.

Toggling The Chat Bubbles Above Your Character
QoL suggestions

Custom Toolbar

Moving on from the antiquated era of WOM, Vetex adds a fresh new look to the toolbar, donning a clean circular backdrop with any enchantments applied to the tool showing on top.

Custom Inventory Bar, Culture Based Abilities

Climbing the stepstones

Climbing the stepstones was an extremely tedious task before this update, taking a minimum of 5 - 7 minutes. Also, as Warren’s quest forced you to Kratos Jump off the stepstones to talk to him again, this quest inevitably made players a bit peeved.

Stepstones/Cirrus Fast Travel

Ship item tabs in inventory

Another heavily requested feature of quality of life for inventory, ship tabs! These separated tabs allow for easy and quick sorting, view, and trading of ship parts so you can look for the sail pattern you need!

Inventory QoL
Create a new item category for ship parts/merge with existing item category
Add a section for ship parts in the inventory/trading menus

Buff Ship Attachments

Upon the initial release of Ship attachments, they dealt abysmal damage to all sea monsters, making guns the perfered way to hunt sea monsters. Afterwards non-ship attachment damage sources to sea monsters were nerfed and Ship attachment damage had been buffed.

Buff ship attachments

Restoring Merlot and Kai's renown gain

Previously Merlot and Kai were exploited by attacking them through walls, used by many players as a way to speed run leveling and renown. This was nerfed hard as they were no longer able to be damaged when out of line of sight and had reduced renown for a while. Subsequently after this fix, Vetex restored the renown to previous levels.

Restore Merlot's and Kai's past renown gain upon defeat

Good Reputation players can no longer open personal chests

Everyone knows that one chest on shell island next to the tailor which always got in the way trying to talk to the tailor, well this change fixes that. All good reputation players seem to have lost the ability to open private chests when over 5k reputation (Someone please confirm this)

Positive Reputation Theft Restrictions

Bounty Player QOL

Praise Vetex for this blessing towards bounty players, allowing all negative reputation players to shop at any store they please (as long as they don’t mind that shop keeper being a little snitch). This had single handedly saved hours of sailing time from Ravenna to Whitesummit just to upgrade a single piece of gear.

Bad reputation improvements

Earlier Treasure chart access

A smaller but very welcome change for treasure charts. This offers up alternatives to the frostmill bandit grind, being now available at level 20.

"Earlier Treasure Chart Quest" Suggestion

Master Chef Title

The Legend, the Goat, the Chef himself, Arleyborg! The first player to breech 1 million, 2 million, and beyond all the way to 4 million cooking exp. It’s a no-brainer that he’d recieve the title of Master Chef in the game. Well done.

Give Arleyborg a unique title for his absurd achievement

Ability to remove / replace Boxing's Gloves

Boxing gloves have always looked humorously big when applied with many outfits, but the nimbus sea plans to add hand wraps that can replace the oversized boxing gloves. I’ll look forward to many new boxing players now that the gloves are no longer a turn away :eyes:

Boxing No-Gloves Mode
Fixing the Boxing fighting style's gloves

Armor Loadouts

Implemented as a paid feature with the dark seas update, buying the loadouts game pass gives you a new tab where you can set and load armor builds you have created. Great feature that saves time looking through your inventory, but some argue that it shouldn’t be locked behind a paywall.

Armor Loadouts

Water Poisoning Tweaks

Perhaps not directly mentioned in patch notes but water poisoning has definitely been turned down a bit after this suggestion. Water poisoning no longer appears as frequently and doesn’t kill as fast as before. This makes the dark seas a whole lot more playable, specially running across bigger dark seas islands

Water Poisoning Tweaks

Making notebooks ownerless

Demand of notebooks skyrocketed during the deckhand update, which introduced deckhand professions. As the Navigator profession required notebooks to progress, players were delighted to trade for and use their leftover notebooks. But they soon noticed a problem. They couldn’t use the notebooks even if they had enough notebooks, because Notebooks didn’t stack. No, they couldn’t stack because each one had an original owner! This was soon changed to allow all notebooks to stack, fixing the issue.

Make notebooks "ownerless"

Arcanium Items only change when equipped

Controversy erupted after Vetex announced his changes towards Arcanium items following the nimbus sea, automatically converting / unimbuing to your current attunement (magic, or none). But thankfully, Vetex listened to the community and has since changed this to only convert when equipped on an armor slot. Thank you vetex :pray:

Arcanium changes only when equipped

More deckhand styles

In addition to the deckhands update, they can now spawn with several different styles which are interchangeable with high enough loyalty. Overall a neat addition to make each deckhand feel more unique!

More deckhand styles

Server Shenanigans

Server Shenanigans
Server Lists

A much-requested feature as can be seen from the amount of suggestion topics dedicated to it, server lists allow players to view a list of servers in order to find one that suits their needs, ranging from Server Region, Player Count, Server Age, and even a custom Server Name.

Server lists
Server/Region Selector
Server region join
Another QoL suggestion

Server Age Timer and Automatic shutdowns

Once a band-aid fix to counter the horrid lag spikes for days old servers, this suggestion has remained a feature and now serves as more of a lax reminder that the server is old.

Add a server age timer and an automatic shutdown feature after 24 hours uptime

Return to title screen & Change Server combat changes

Added as a safeguarding measure against accidentally returning to the title screen or changing your server while you’re in combat.

Stop players from using the in-game "Return to Title Screen" and "Change Servers" buttons when in combat

Clan / Guild changes

Clans & Guilds
Clan UI changes

In Arcane Odyssey, clans now have a second page where you can tweak details for your description, name, and ranks. It seems that the clan logo and color can still not be changed at the moment.

Updated Clan Edit GUI

Allowing Gravy and Good Reps to fight when partied

Surprising hindsight that was able to get past testing, this was quickly patched out and now allowed Grand Navy players to spar without restrictions

Let good reps hurt people in the Navy if they are in the same party and Friendly Fire is off

Toggle island claiming / Claiming flags

Once the perfect excuse for clan players to jump one another, now lies under a more controlled item of the claiming flag. An extremely necessary change to ease players in clans when visiting islands, offering a more peaceful alternative to accidentally un-claiming any island you set foot on.

Add an option / button for claiming islands
Setting to Toggle Island Capturing

Ships (The sailing kind)

Ships and Boats
Cooking pots and Cauldrons on boats

Added as one of many features on the Brig, creating a cozy mobile town that you have at your finger tips. The brig offers a spawn point, cauldron, cooking pot, contracts and even bounty posters!

Ship cooking pots
Ship Spawns + New Ship Attachments + Increased Floating Chest Despawn Timer

Ship Cargo Hold

A new feature set to release with the Nimbus sea, cargo holds will allow players to carry cargo between seas without worry of placing them all perfectly on the deck.

Cargo Hold System

Major Features

Major features
Warrior awakening giving a 4th weapon slot

Though not yet confirmed to be in game, this would make warrior a lot more interesting to play and feel. This gives warrior an unique awakening that isn’t a recolor or reskin of already existing weapon effects.

Give warriors extra weapon slot?

Magic Dashes

Added as reflexes that can be obtained by completing a quest given by the basic combat instructor, Rill Hendrix at level 120. These reflexes allow the user to propel themselves mid air twice (pending, might get nerfed to one), taking on characteristics of their build.

Cosmetic dashes
Magic Dodge

Dark seas badges / True Captain Badge

A neat badge that gives a title when you survive for 45 minutes or more past the first range of the dark seas. This gives you the True Captain title, turning your name tag into a mellow shade of yellow / orange.

Badge / title ideas

Ship Attachments

A crucial feature of ships that allows players to hunt sea monsters more efficiently, ship attachments were added with variations for all 4 pure classes, being the Throwing Harphoon, Harpoon gun, Net launcher, and Magic Cannon.

Puckle type ship gun

Fighting Style Items

Though we have yet to see ship parts that resonate with fighting styles, at least 3 sets of fighting style dependent armors are getting added in the nimbus sea update.

Fighting style Resonant Items

Dark Sea Sealed Chests

As part of the dark seas update, a new variation of sealed chests were added to the dark seas which offered new top of the line loot, ranging from exotic scrolls, ship parts, and more. If this suggestion is further expanded on by Vetex, maybe we’ll see more sealed chest variations down the line? :eyes:

New Sealed Chest Ideas

Obulus / Angler fish sea monster

The jump scare monster of the seas, offering two Tier 2 regents for Invisibility and Revealing respectively. A welcome addition to break up the monotony of just sharks in the monsters pool, the Obulus offers some variation to the sea monsters, though it seems to not get much mention at the moment.

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/the-angler-sea-monster-idea/100836?u=bio

Sirens of the dark sea

One of the many enemies in the dark seas. Sirens offer unique drops and very well appreciated location method (song of the sirens). Although they can be very annoying to fight, their treasure trove is stocked with dark sea chests and plenty of loot to go around.

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/sirens-of-the-dark-sea/108515?u=bio

So in conclusion? Yes, Vetex listens to your suggestions. This is only the tip of the iceberg for all the things that vetex has added to the game, there’s more to be found in Game Discussion and Off Topic, and it’s not even to mention all the balancing changes that he has to do every single update. But always remember, this is still early access for AO. It’ll take time to improve, just with anything. But you (, yes you!) Can help out by making relevant and reasonable suggestions :]

9 Likes

ye that’s me

Oh yeah feel free to submit any photos or anything you want me to add under each tab cause I don’t feel like searching for them rn ;v;

wonder who violated that :thinking:

I wonder :skull:

yeah, I do too, thanks for trying to find the stuff though lol

it’s interesting seeing this stuff being pulled back up into the light, since it’s been a while.

I might be crazy but I swore this got in

2 Likes

Ah, I might have missed that one, was that the deckhand outfits?

it was called More deckhand styles I believe

the fact you have to point this out :skull:

3 Likes

to be fair there were ships in WoM, but they were just buildings

i

actually yeah you know what lets believe thats what i meant

unfortunately the navy made it into the game but a major part of this suggestion was to give each kingdom/town their own reputation and NPC groups that would attack you for wronging them.

to my understanding, that part of the suggestion is making it into the game.
(I will never forget tech telling me the navy was going to be different from the AG despite them being 1:1 exactly the same aside from name and characters lol)

:0
An unlisted topic! No wonder I couldn’t find that one

Though I’m not sure if it’s been accepted per say:

I’ve got suggestions but I’m too lazy to apply for suggester.
(granted I only have one suggestion, and it’s very mid)

Added this one under quality of life suggestions :+1:

like I said, I’ll never forget tech telling me they’d be different in any meaningful capacity lol.

1 Like

Argh who cares about policy I’ll just say my suggestion here:
In the Australian Defence Force (Army, Navy and Air Force) we address officers as:
“Sir” (for males)
“Ma’am” (for females)
and their rank if they are non-binary. (i.e. if there is a non-binary Brigadier we just address them as “Brigadier”, instead of sir or ma’am)

If you’re a part of the Gravy and the syndicate, your ship NPCs only address you as sir. There should be an option to choose one of the three options of how they call you.

There, that’s my one and only suggestion. And it’s purely for realism’s sake.

1 Like

two options*

edited: please don’t argue with me about this, yall think I’m stupid bec of my pfp, username, and lack of ao knowledge

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is blatant discrimination or stupidity

even if it is discrimination, then there’s nothing wrong with calling someone by their rank, that’s what lots o’ folks do.