Vetex Cookin’ With Immersion and MALICE

So you all remember the Calvus fight, right? You remember being bodied 10+ times by the infamous 500! 500! 500! beam, right?

I suspect Vetex also remembers being bodied by that attack, and he decided that having Calvus be the largest source of player deaths pre-level 125 wasn’t enough. No, now you’re lastingly maimed after that fight.

I’m gonna assume the reduction is like ~10% of your max HP—not that much, but noticeable. Seeing as you’re protected in story areas, and the wolves bandits are a joke, this probably won’t be all that bad. Plus, I’m a sucker for immersion features. Hopefully we don’t start having PvPredators waiting just beyond Windrow.

2 Likes

Also, it’s possible that these injuries are a test of the upcoming Injuries feature, which Vetex planned a while back.

The

Update

The hidden uppercut buff

7 Likes

As yes, the pinnacle of AO debates: ayo, Vetex, you gotta account for the dumb PVP system you added. Yeah, but hopefully PVP players will have the decency to ignore underleveled players with a debuff.

… having just said that, I know that will absolutely not be the case.

Also, I just realized that someone beat me to the punch with this discussion:

wow. . . . . . . . THIS IS UNFAIR!!!

are you fucking serious

Community: Talking on forums about potential bug fixes, balance changes, QoL and general good things to do.

Vetex: haha nerf low levels go brr

No, of course not. I have no idea why you think I’d have such a relationship with this “serious” individual.

6 Likes

me after i defeat the level 750 story boss and get banned for 8 days because they obliterated my spine

3 Likes

Intensity wind mage also now has a better purpose

DARK SEA SPIRE NERF (complete sentence)

you’ve defeated the final boss, it was a very close fight, you’ll be spending the next week locked down to a bed in recovery.

1 Like

Then you have to beat the true final boss: sitting through 3 hours of dialog between Iris, Morden (if he lived), Edward, Warren (again, if he lives), and Tucker—who is back from the dead.

“You’ve been in a coma for 2 months, let us explain EVERYTHING that happened while you was out”
“Don’t worry, we won’t leave out any details”

2 Likes

Or sailor’s lodge for players who just finished fighting Argos.
And especially not for players who finish future bosses which do this to the player. Really hopefully not.

Honestly, this change should only really apply to the bosses during their part of the story, and not for the mirage versions of them.

… I think that’s what the thing is. It won’t apply to mirage forms, as those aren’t story events.

Yeah, but the patch note doesn’t necessarily explain that but that’s what I also somewhat get from it.