Vetex is just using AO to bypass copyright!

Okay so we all know copyright exists, right? It’s that thing to keep others from profiting off the stuff you’ve made without your permission. One of the earliest and most prominent examples of this on Roblox is Pokemon. For years it’s been kept under close examination, a pokemon game never exists on Roblox for a week before being removed. Seems Nintendo is very protective of this IP. What if I told you that AO was secretly a Pokemon game? Would you believe me? :face_with_monocle:

EVIDENCE 1

Iris. Iris also happens to be the name of a gym leader in one of the games, the eighth, as well as a character in the Pokemon anime. Iris in AO as even confirmed to be “not white”. Coincidence? I think not! They’re the same person.

Photographic comparison:
Iris from AO:

Iris from Pokemon:

I could mention how they’re both named after a part of the eye but that fact is obvious, so I’ll continue on

EVIDENCE 2

Levels and stats. Isn’t it odd that AO, a game supposedly inspired by a Greek story, has LEVELS? and STATS?!?. Yeah I thought so too until I remembered that pokemon has the same thing. Pokemon has 6 main stats, HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed. Now how many stats does AO have? :face_with_monocle:

AO has 6. Agility, Power, Defense, Intensity, Attack Speed, Magic Size (ignoring high/detrimental level stats like warding/insanity). Both of them even got the same “Defense” stat :exploding_head:. Completely unfathomable how someone could straight up copy a system like this, if the fr shaking head emoji was on here I’d be placing it like 5 times rn

Now for the levels. The intended level cap for AO is 1000, way higher than pokemon’s, but how much higher? Well only 10…not that much, a clean number too. Vetex just simply added a 0 to the pokemon limit and made it his own. That fiend :hungry:.

EVIDENCE 3

Magics. Doesn’t it seem odd that Pokemon’s typings and AO’s magics have a lot in common? Pretty similar numbers as well as many just crossing over. Fire is fire, Fairy is Light (and I’d say Fairy is as busted as Light is weak), Dark is Shadow, Rock is oddly Earth, Fighting is just Fighting Styles, Steel is Metal, Grass is Wood, Poison is Poison, Ice is Ice, so on so on. The only unique magic to AO I can think is Ash and even THEN it’s not original. Just look at the ICONIC MAIN CHARACTER of the Pokemon anime. His name? ASH Ketchum. What a stupid fucking last name. I digress on that note though and will continue on.

EVIDENCE 4

Slot numbers/Items. Both of these are kind of small so I’m just lumping them together. Anyways, it’s pretty well known to anyone who plays pokemon that you can only hold 6 pokemon in your party at one time. While there isn’t any limit (that I know of) for the party size in game there is a limit to your files you can create. Sure an average poor person could get 3 files but if you’ve got some cash you can bump that up to 6. If I could quote myself as I’m writing this I would to quote back to how I said that you can only hold 6 pokemon.

Now for the second point here, items. Items are, well, items that if held onto give some kind of effect onto the user, positive or negative. Guess what you can do in AO? Fucking equip items. This is just an obvious theft of intellectual property!

EVIDENCE 5

Weather/Statuses. Another kind of lump mostly cause I don’t want to make a 6th evidence to stay away from being sued by Nintendo. Weather exists in many form of games BUT in Pokemon it’s an actual mechanic of battle. The weather conditions can affect an actual game. Anyone who’s ever fought a Wind, Lightning, or Ice user in the RAIN in WoM (which’ll work just about the same in AO) would also tell you that weather also plays a part in battles.

Status conditions are effects in Pokemon that are used to usually hamper an opposing pokemon’s performance. Could be used to increase it (like with Guts, Poison Boost, and Poison Heal) but that’s rare. AO will also have these status conditions with Vetex even straight up copying Pokemon’s FROZEN status effect, which itself is stolen from the iconic Disney movie from 2013 so not sure on the legality of this.

IN CONCLUSION:

Vetex is satan and this trend is fun

27 Likes

Why is this accurate bro

2 Likes

theres no gardevoir in AO argument denied smh

I feel like SavageWind started this trend of making dumb rants saying that completely unrelated bs is supposedly copying AO but I’m okay with that because this is great

this is hilarious

good work bro

Thanks. Could have mentioned more stuff (berries being food, ships & their battles jusr being glorified surf, RNG shinies and sunken items, mythical pokemon being limited time items (cause mythicals are obtained from limited events), having a card game (Adventure Story (is that even the name of it?)), etc.)

1 Like

e

evidence 6: the homer’s odyssey

no 6 Nintendo is strict on copyright :hungry:

haha if you blow it out of proportion everything copied each other

@ThatOneGuy do you really have nothing better to do with your time

nope

I hope you are joking.

@ThatOneGuy uhh

1 Like

copyright your lack of bitches

2 Likes

wiki kid migrates to the forums caught in 4k

2 Likes

Crap. Don’t tell anyone on the wiki. Please.

in case if you didnt know this post was 100% serious and real with creditable evidence backing it up

yes please do, then everyone else will have to have them