Vs Durza! | To the Tune of the Devourer of Gods | (WIP)

Overview

I’m currently starting to make an animation of the fight between the Peacekeeper and Durza, from Arcane Adventures. It’ll be to the tune of the Devourer of Gods theme from Terraria’s Calamity mod. I’ve already got a vision planned out for it.

Intro

A small flotilla of three ships approach a mass of shipwrecks. On the other side is a lone sailboat, untouched from the carnage.

The captains of the three ships are shown: Averill, Trigno, and the Peacekeeper (wearing Theos’s gauntlet of course). Angel can be seen to the PK’s side during this cut, and the ball thrower guy can be seen next to Trigno’s side as well.

We then cut to Durza, sitting in the sailboat on the other side, with Cursebeard lying dead at the bottom. He’s gonna be doing the kratos throne pose cause he doesnt give a damn.

Cut back to the flotilla, the Captains plan out a course of action and when they are finished go to the front of their respective ships. When the beat drops they all jump off and go towards Durza (this shot will be sick af).

Servants of the Scourge

The Captains go towards Durza (Averill zips past, Trigno uses his magma to run over the water, the PK and Angel use magic jumps going from ship to ship). Their ships fire broadsides towards Durza. Durza in kind unleashes the hoard of undead left on the ships, which the group fends off while they move towards Durza.

Durza sees that they are still getting through and, when the beat drops again, casually summons Zeus to smite their ass. Zeus is pretty big so it puts the group pretty off-balance with the ripple wave his summoning created. He uses this time to conjure a big ass sword above his head, and after a brief pause, swings it down.

The PK runs towards Zeus, having to dodge the sword when it lands and then runs on it up to Zeus’s head. He then blasts Zeus, blasting his head off. He still continues to fight though, so Averill and Trigno also come through to help finish him off.

After defeating Zeus, cut to faces of the group being relieved.

Scourge of the Universe

This fight causes a ripple that shakes Durza’s boat. Durza knows that if he falls in he’s dead, and doesn’t want to risk his chances.

Durza raises up a continent sized landmass under everyone’s feet (World of Magic!!!). We cut to see the sides of the landmass as it goes up, boats being washed off or staying on top. The flotilla’s boats are a tad bit too far out so they get taken out of the fight. We then see the full extent of the continent in a zoom out.

The group takes a bit of time to get their bearings, and then fights Durza in earnest. I don’t particularly know what exact attacks / spells will be used yet, but it will definitely lead to scarring of the land that we see in World of Magic (example: Whispering Forest pillars being used by Durza to attack and ensnare Averill)

During this battle, we see Durza sapping the PK’s strength over time. This is most clearly seen when the PK unleashes an all-out attack at Durza, which Durza has to evade rather than absorb directly due to the sheer power of it. This attack also breaks the mask he wears, showing his mouth. After this attack though, the PK is pretty exhausted due to being sapped. He nears collapsing, but regains his footing (brief flashbacks to Theos, Freedrock) and attempts to fire a blast at Durza, who is doing the same but has a bigger magic circle cause he isnt exhausted.

Averill swoops in and rams Durza, leading the fight away from the PK. Again, I don’t know the specifics of this fight yet. Near the end though we see the PK, still being sucked by Durza.

Servants of the Scourge (2)

The PK collapses, his eyes close. He sees flashbacks to him sitting with Theos at Sunrise Ravine, along with various other things. We then see that Durza is sucking the PK dry, leaving him pretty dead. Durza is now super powerful (contemplating on turning him into a dragon or not) and now goes on a rampage against the group.

We get a shot of Angel running over to the PK while Durza fights Averill and Trigno. Trigno gets backhanded by Durza, he creates a magma bubble around himself but gets slammed so hard into the group he creates a volcano (which would become the Ashen Volcano in World of Magic!!)

Angel then reaches the PK, and uses her undead revival magic on him.

UNIVERSAL COLLAPSE

The PK wakes up, and immediately starts running towards Durza. Durza shoots some lazer beams at him Dark Beast Ganon style, but the PK dodges. The PK then magic leaps above Durza, taking him off-guard.

Slow mo of the PK charging up his spell. Cut to the faces of other people in the group, then cut to various islands across the seas (I would like a sky island view, maybe have Ravenna be one as well (Revon could be an onlooker!)).

The PK’s hand is extended, the spell fires. (Averill zips away Angel just before) We get some zoom out shots, and then revisit the islands we just look at with the explosion being shown.

The last thing we see is the PK’s perspective, hand outstretched to a curse in plain view (spell still firing).

Artistic Liberties and Lore Inaccuracies

Just putting this here cause I know there will be someone in the comment that’s going to say this. Yes, this contains a lot of lore inaccuracies. I’m just going to list quite a few I know I made and the reasoning behind it.

• I know that Trigno and Averill weren’t at the battle, it’s just cooler if they were.
  • I don’t know if Zeus is canonically really big, still would be really cool if he was.
  • World of Magic’s island was made canonically by the PK after the battle, but I’d say it would be cooler to see its geography as battle scars of his fight with Durza.

Current Progress + Media

I’ll consistently update this portion of the thread with new content I’ve made with the project. Enjoy :grin:.

Here are placeholder models I will use for the animation. I don’t have access to Arcane Adventures assets and unfortunately I’m only an animator, not a modeller, so these will have to do until then.

Same applies for ship models, but fortunately I can just steal one from the free assets shop lol

Here’s the intro scene so far

Storyboard Animations

The first 30 ish seconds:

5 Likes

I’ll start work on a storyboarded animation first, just to show what I’m talkin about. Might take a day or maybe a week :3

I wanna ask, what the PK gonna look like? Are they going to be like your AA character?

They’re probably going to look like whatever Vetex’s character for Arcane Adventures was (I think it was Genos Arcturus?). They’ll be wearing the gauntlet Theos gives you at Sunrise Ravine, but I’m don’t think they’ll have any other armor equipped.

in the model vet made, pk had the aethereal ornament and ancient cursed daggers too

1 Like

spent the entirety of today playing stellaris :sob:

Made the scene of shipwrecks for the intro. I kinda want more ships between the PK and Durza tho (right now there’s 20-ish, shooting for 50).

I’ve also got the timings down so i’ll probably be able to start work on the animation tomorrow :D

changed the lighting a bit, it’s a bit better but still not that great…

I should sleep now lol

nevermind, this is only for storyboarding anyways. I can put more effort into it once i get the finalized assets lol.

nice

Here’s my work for today :grin:

Sadly Stellaris has been taking its toll on me :pensive: only 30-ish seconds of lerping was done.

Good luck, animation sounds really hard imo, but I’m not really one to talk considering I’ve never tried even editing or coding let alone animating.

Would water technically kill Durza? The reason it is harmful is bc curses don’t like mixing with other energies, but the energy in the sea is technically Durza’s energy. Plus the Absorption Curse is technically a “experimental curse” meaning it isnt made of magic energy

Sorry if this comes across as a “:point_up::nerd_face:” moment

I’d imagine so, besides it would make it more interesting if Durza also had to worry about the water as well

Okay I’m bored with the project now…

might create something new to be honest…