W.W's True Explorer's Log

This post is a log of places in AO that I find cool, documenting stuff about them, having some pictures, and a rating of how hard it is to get there + how cool it is in my opinion.

You can think of this as the True AO Explorer’s Guide! This is full of cool spots in Arcane Odyssey that not many people know/go to. This will be updated as I find cool new locations, and also as I go and get pictures of them. Some of the harder locations I may not have even been to myself, and will consist of my plans on getting there. If you could, I’d appreciate potential help with my endeavors*.

*not accepting wind mage knockback, that’s for weaklings, if you are spotted using the help of one to get to these places, you will be BANNED from the True Explorer’s Log.

• Northwestern Edge of Pelion Rift

The Northernmost point of the War Seas. This is where journeys will start.

Difficulty Rating: :st1::st2::st2::st2::st2:
Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st1::st2::st2::st2:

This is a fine place to start our journey. The Northwestern edge of Pelion Rift is a rather empty location, but there’s something about looking out from the northernmost edge of the War Seas off into empty sea that I recommend experiencing. If you plan on following in my footsteps, you should start here.

• Shell Island Trench

Welcome To The Underwater (How Was The Dive?)

Difficulty Rating: :st1::st1::st2::st2::st2:
Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st2::st2::st2::st2:

Very unique feature of Shell Island, and not many people know about it. Under Shell Island, there’s a decently deep depression in the seafloor. To reach it, you have to mercilessly attack the wall in the Shell Island Secret, until you bore through it and get under Shell Island. From there, you can explore it. Unfortunately, it’s rather extremely empty, because it’s literally just a rectangular pit underwater. Still, a place you should visit if you want to really explore AO!

• Under Frostmill

This is what we call a toddler’s swimming test in Russia.

Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st2::st2::st2::st2:

Something not everyone knows is, Frostmill isn’t actually attached to the seafloor! It’s an iceberg, so you can actually swim under it! It’s rather empty, and isn’t too cool or interesting, but chilling down here for a bit is something everyone should try.

• Dark Edge Of Mount Othrys (Nimbus Sea)

Something’s wrong, I can feel it.

Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st1::st1::st2::st2:

We all know that Mount Othrys exists in the Nimbus Sea and the Bronze sea, But most people don’t climb it, and what few people know is that the Northwestern edge of Mount Othrys is actually in the Dark Sea, and that by standing there, you’re in it too! This is a pretty cool place to relax, and maybe has some practical use in generating some Mirage Islands. Overall, really cool place, and for some reason Nimbus Sea Mount Othrys has this feeling about it that is completely different to Bronze Sea, despite being identical. Very much recommend.

• The Seafloor

Taken with Clearsight. Looks like we’ve hit rock bottom… Hopefully…

Difficulty Rating: :st1::st2::st2::st2::st2:
Water’s Recommendation :st1::st1::st2::st2::st2:

Yes, this is just the seafloor. Is it empty? Yes. Are you likely to be interrogated by sharks about your car’s extended warranty? Of course. Are you going to lack the lung capacity to survive in such an environment? Probably. But there’s just something about running around at the bottom of the Ocean, with the underwater ambiance playing and the filter, that I find makes it worth sinking down, at least one time. Besides, few people actually go down here (in fact, I’m pretty sure a tester once said they didn’t even know there was one and assumed it just went down forever), so you could be one of the few to do so!

• Stratospheric Mirage Islands

Difficulty Rating: :st1::st1::st1::st1::st1:
Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st1::st1::st1::st2:

Seen a video of one? I consider Stratospheric Mirage Islands to be Mirage Islands that generate so tall that they breach the Dark Sea skybox and higher up, literally gets out of the Dark Sea, letting you see the leaderboard, server-wide messages, and send messages and trades. At the top, the chests are pretty much guaranteed to be golden or sealed. These take about an hour I believe for you slow plebians to climb, but much, much longer to actually find one of these. Regardless, I’d gladly recommend trying to climb one of these

• The Epicenter

The End. Or perhaps… The Beginning.

Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st1::st1::st1::st1:

This is a more well-known place, with a good amount of people having visited it. However, with the way you actually find it, it’s rather difficult to get there. This place also has by far the greatest reward out of the currently covered locations, with an entire exclusive title and badge for reaching it. It even changes your Leaderboard name colour! The island as a whole is a VAST, but mostly empty landscape. It is broken up by mountains and giant rifts, in the center having a still-steaming lake, steam still rising up off of it. This is an abandoned, desolate wasteland, so hostile that even Atlanteans can’t survive. I exceptionally recommend exploring this location, the atmosphere here is unlike ANYTHING in Arcane Odyssey, and most of Roblox for that matter. As a fun fact, I swear this place has unique code for breakable rocks to randomly despawn and spawn. I SWEAR THIS IS A THING I’M NOT JUSTBEINGDRIVENINSANE-

• Elysium's Floating Islands

Feeling like a REAL God up here!

Water’s Recommendation: :st1::st1::st1::st2::st2:

So we all know Elysium, and we all can see that there’s small islands floating about it. But most of us assume that they’re too high and too far out of reach. Those of us that assume so are weaklings. They’re solid, and that’s all we need. Actually getting onto one is pretty cool, they’re small but combined with the background music give me a sort of feel that I’ve really been wanting to have in AO. Also, I’m pretty sure I’m the first person to ever actually get onto one outside of testing. Fun place to watch fights from!

• Outer Elysium Islands

Difficulty Rating: :st3::st3::st3::st3::st3::st3:
Water’s Recommendation: :st3::st3::st3::st3::st3::st3:

This is the one place I don’t think anyone has ever reached. And, as a result, this is so far the one place where I need to ask for your help. When in Elysium, if your graphics levels are high enough, you can see a lot of floating islands. I want to reach them all. So far, I’ve only managed to reach one, but that was with very weak potion support. What I need, is Aeroplast. Lots of it. I need to brew a lot of Gale Elixirs (This isn’t asking for a wind mage to help, if you need one you’re LAME as all HELL, good thing WE’RE ALREADY IN IT. BURN.). With your help, we can finally put a man on the edges of the hero’s heaven. From the gigantic islands far to the edges, to the islands at the very tippy top, one day, we can make it there.

7 Likes

As an avid AO explorer, this is some good stuff! Ive heard elysium may have a dark sea in it…

As for the epicenter rocks, yeah… Maybe its the insanity but… IVE BEEN ONCE… something is going on…

I SWEAR I HAVE MULTIPLE RECORDINGS OF THIS HAPPENING. I went to gather some coal for a deckhand and sometimes they just disappeared, then later reappeared!

Vetex coded schizophrenia in the game :skull:

the worst part is I SWEAR THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO THE EPICENTER. Vetex said he’d add stuff to it that’ll give us nightmares, and I think this is it.

2 Likes

Rocks are anomaly in the game… Im ashamed I died in the epicenter, i didnt getta explore it, but I have the old badge soo…I have a reason to go back!

The whole vibe it gives is kinda nightmarish, I really feel like I shouldnt be there at all…

EXACTLY! THAT’S WHY THE EPICENTER IS SO GOOD! I feel like most people with the title seriously underappreciate it, since they spent so long mindlessly hunting for it.

Yah, I mean… Youll prolly only go there once, may as well map out an entire map of it…

I also like how tornadoes still spawn inside of it… And I feel like the giant lake and the purple steam is constantly supplying the dark sea with its fog

I’d like to add one spot to the list :]

• Elm Island Bench

A calming and relaxing spot on Elm Island where a lonely bench stands, facing towards the grand Pelion Rift and towards the section of the dark seas where no one has gone before.

Difficulty Rating: :st2: :st2: :st2: :st2: :st2:
Bio’s Recommendation: :st1: :st1: :st1: :st2: :st2:

3 Likes

the orthys thing sounds fun, might visit later

if i can make a recommendation, theres a “secret place” under New Palo that even its creator werent aware of until yours truly told him

you know what/where that is ?

you’re telling me I can fish in the dark sea from mount othrys? like I can also keep a respawn point there too?

I mean I’ve seen when people drive into the dark sea from there to reroll their ships fast but still

ig you can place a camp or something on mount orthys BEFORE entering the dark sea part

idk if dark sea just disable your spawning ability or straight up remove all spawn points aside the original one

how much for 40 aeroplasts

that’s what I said you can place it at the edge

Stratospheric islands are so hard, I feel like I shouldve found one- But like… Even some of the tallest ive climbed with full gold chests dont break it!

Looking at the sheer distance of the outer islands… Youre gonna need something more than gale potions! Gale exhaustion also exists, you probably will need a wind mage pal… Like, wow.

You don’t get dark sea exclusive stuff except for the scrolls without insanity

first off, ew, wind mages, hate em, uncontrollable, not really exploration.

second off, I can airstall pretty well, and gale exhaustion doesn’t last that long. I can simply lend between some of the islands to rest up a bit and set a camp as a checkpoint