Waltzing With Death

they’re just as valuable as normal galleons its just the GN skimps out on actually paying the giant god damn bounty out just like the AG

That’s pretty interesting, they really are cheap with their pay :skull:

idk if thats actually canon but it sure feels like that

Just finished reading the whole thing, and WOW thats good

2 Likes

I’m impressed how well you managed to write a fight that lasts for 15,000 words! By far my favorite part is when Merlot spits out this gem of a line: “Yikes, man. That’s one ugly mug you’ve got there,” Merlot says. “How is a little mask the difference between baby-faced and caveman?” I cackled like a madman :sob:.

1 Like

The little banter they had right after Ben got de-masked was one of my first ideas when conceptualizing the story, and it’s still one of my favorite parts. Glad you got a laugh out of it :joy:

Maddox would’ve accidentally made friends with merlot (they have the exact same build and both of them are probably insane in some way or another)

1 Like

Bro this is such a great story! I loved how you wrote the fight scenes they were really cool and the artworks were such a treat. Also i have to thank Imalettuce because I found out about your story from his “Sunday art” post. Again awesome story! Keep it up!

2 Likes

This is some really good stuff right here.

1 Like

You know, when I was first thinking of ideas for an AO story, I considered writing Kai vs. Merlot, but I changed my mind because I couldn’t see it ending any way other than…

Kai sheathes his sword. “I must say, Merlot, your arsenal is most impressive. I haven’t seen talent like yours in a long time. But you made just one mistake…” He dashes to Merlot’s side at unthinkable speeds, taking back out his blade and carving through the air about ten meters away from Merlot. Despite the attack clearly missing, Merlot’s severed head is flung off of his neck. “You didn’t invest enough in the Attack Size stat.”

3 Likes

I thought they were going to kiss :melting_face:
@anon5868932 has spoiled me with their ships

Skullplosion
They would never kiss. Kai is a metamancer, and Merlot has bad ping. They were destined to hate each other for all of eternity.

AHAHAH
I’ve seen the phrase ‘waltzing with death’ used to refer to kailot before so same :sob:
got a good action story tho so I’m not complaining lol

2 Likes

This is solid proof that Benjamin has plot armor in both the story and the game :joy:

(not excusing my flawed writing, by the way. I just think it’s hilarious that he always stubbornly persists through attacks that should really just kill him, whether I’m writing him or just playing him.)

(And cori doesn’t)

1 Like

the part where ben’s arms get flung in just the right way during cori’s pulsar to block the last two hits was pure plot armour, then cori gets carried away with their last attack and accidentally forget their legs are dead and suddenly fall unconscious.

this would honestly be a really funny fight to write a story about, if you can change the setting

2 Likes

I’ll keep it in mind as a potential story :eyes:

this is still an amazing scene that better get in some story

Good read, makes me wanna write again tbh

Go for it! Writing is a rewarding activity and a good exercise for the brain, it’s always worth getting back into.

1 Like