Weapon idea: Javelin (and infernal javelin)

Weapon idea: Javelin (and infernal javelin) https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/1/b/1bdea1257a378d659a051de021964db99b72668e.png
effort 4.125 8 quality 3.75 8 reasonability 3.833333333333333 6

The staffs first ability isn’t a throw, it’s basically shot for warriors

1 Like

cool weapon, however not much justification to exist (the normal javelin’s skills are the same as a spear). basically the only reason is the M1

the rare variant seems alright but too specific on some aspects, and the new attacks are a lot more suited for spears.

1 Like

Inferno weapon I’m want

1 Like

spear?

*weapon builds

i like it even if its just a polearm weapon. this could still work as a boss drop or a special weapon

@RandomCodez @Waping @Tr0xic @NonomonkeAllForOne30

I’ll respond to all of you simultaneously since your feedback was similar and I would like your opinion on the following.

After reading the feedback I can agree that the weapon is similar to the spear, yes. Therefore, I have thought of a new second ability (replacing the grab) which will help defrentiate this weapon and also add a new option when in a fight.

Second ability: Pole jump:

The user stabs the javelin into the ground and then uses momentum to jolt themselves upwards in a forward arc (look up pole vault)

This ability can deal aoe damage in the initial area of launch and will make a player go higher than a magic and high jump.

This can be comboed in the air with the first ability titans throw to get the jump on an enemy. This ability can have a secondary scaling with agility affecting jump height.

Third ability: Infernos end (improved)
@Waping
Regarding the special variant only the 3rd I’d say is hard to justify (the 4th ability could be justified as a an ability for this type of weapon) I think a change to make it more sense would be that the player throws the spear at a surface and then a second later that surface has spikes erupt from it

This will deal less damage than landing a titans throw (ability one) due to the benefit of having large aoe. The cooldown will also be longer so it cannot be spammed.

So the weapon will now be:

• a ranged weapon with an enhanced throw (this throw is much faster than a regular spear as mentioned in the post)

• a pole vault (can deal damage if people are close to the launch area and has a higher than normal jump height

• the 3rd ability will be a throw except the that the area in which the javelin strikes with have large spikes erupt from it

All in all I think may re think this and post another suggestion with the revisited abilities in more depth

1 Like

Definitely and improvement, especially the idea for a polevault ability, which would help the subpar aerial ability the warrior has at the moment. This suggestion in particalur hits the nail on the head. Of course though there is a caveat, i believe some of these ideas are well thought of and straightforward enough that equivalents may already be planned.

Some of these abilities may be planned for the later skills of rare polearm weapons in particular, but only time will tell if thats the case. All in all you did a great job, but i will continue to stand by the opinion of implementing these for existing weapon types.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.