Weapon "+" & "++" variants (Ambers)

Weapon “+” & “++” variants (Ambers):

(Concept is under “THE SOLUTION” text.) Note that my idea is pretty flexible, so you should think of this suggestion as a collage of examples more than anything.

THE PROBLEM:

Weapons have a maximum level they can be upgraded to, so after they’ve reached said max level, they’ll be less viable when the level cap updates roll in. Not a big deal, but what if you really love the weapon? maybe it has a useful and unique skill? Of course, your lv150 weapon ain’t ganna do much against that lv300+ boss you need to kill, brotha.

THE SOLUTION:

You sail around the sea minding your own bussiness. After a while, you see a randomly-generated island with a plateau of sorts, with on it a special “machine”. You get hyped because this machine will allow you to upgrade your weapon’s “+” level. You go ahead and use up your galleons and “Level Ambers” and BOOM. Your weapon, that previously had a level cap of 150, now has a higher level cap. You can now up it’s level at a metalworker once again, and make it viable for use, after all this time. Victory.

Concept:

We should be able to increase the level cap of our weapons somehow. Some people love their weapons a lot, and it would suck to throw them away just because they’ve reached their level cap and there’s higher level stuff. A weapon’s level cap can be increased by using “Level Ambers” at a “Magic Forge” on a special randomly-generated island.

Level Amber +

Level Amber +: A hunk of amber with a “+” sign ingraved in it. This type of amber can increase a weapon’s max level by 50-100, for example. If you use this amber, there will be a “+” sign on the weapon’s name and you unlock the ability to put a Level Amber ++ on your weapon.

Level Amber ++

Level Amber ++: Basically the same as a single + amber, but a tad more uncommon. It could increase the max cap by another 50-100 levels. If you use this amber, your weapon will have it’s true max level cap, and all future uses of ambers on your weapon will not work. There be a “++” sign on the weapon’s name.

Magic Forge

Magic Forge: This special forge can only be found on randomly-generated islands that spawn across the sea. These islands have a plateau on top with ghost-like “guardians” protecting the forge. These magic possessing guardians are violent humanoids that attack players with said magic. (Hence the name “magic forge”.) They’re very strong, so it’s recommended to raid this island with multiple people. The guardians also have a chance to drop Level Ambers, albeit uncommon.

Stuff you can do to get ambers include: Fishing, sea-activities, side-bosses, Amber whispers, killing Guardians. (look at “extra concept ideas” for Amber whispers explanation.)

Extra Concept ideas:

Elemental Ambers

Elemental Ambers: Along with Level Ambers, there could be ambers that give your weapon elemental powers. For example, if you were to use a “Fire Amber”, your weapon can deal the Burning status effect, like fire magic. If you want a different element, you’ll have to use some galleons to get rid of your current element at the Magic Forge. This means a weapon can have a max “++” level and one element.

Amber Fusing

Amber Fusing: If you have 2 or 3 Level Ambers with only one “+”, you could fuse them together to get 1 Level Amber with “++”. This is of course very powerful, so it should require an immense amount of galleons, and the fusion may fail (80-90% success rate). Amber fusing can just be done at the Magic Forge.

Amber Whispers

Amber Whispers: Fairy-like ghosts that spawn randomly on important islands, like Redwake. These would float around until a player gets close. If a player is close, they will guide the player to a secret area, where a special chest waits for them. This chest, when collected, will have a good chance to gift an amber (5-10%). These whispers are pretty rare, so don’t expect to find them frequently.

Pro’s & Cons:

Pro's
  • 1.-People can sink lots of hours into getting Ambers, giving vetex more time to make updates.
  • 2.-Ambers can change the player-market heavily, since ambers would be quite rare, and people want to upgrade their weapons.
  • 3.-Having an element on a weapon would be really benefitial for wizard players, since they can use their weapon to synergize with their magic. (think of poison debuff + fire magic)
  • 4.-Guilds can have fun wars with eachother for the Magic Forge.
Cons
  • 1.-It can be tiresome to do all these steps just for upgrading a weapon.
  • 2.-Randomly-generating the island could create a massive lagspike, causing some people to crash.
  • 3.-This is most likely only good for wizard players, since weapon players have a good amount of strenght. there is also the skill tree.

Conclusion:

These ambers could change the PVP in the game forever, since you may not need a 2nd magic for synergies anymore. Of course, this suggestion is flawed in many many ways, but I still hope you guys had fun reading, despite it being a whole paragraph. If you have any feedback for me about the suggestion and/or how I can make my future suggestions better (This is my first suggestion ever), please do tell me!
Have a nice day everyone!

Or you can just use your level 150 sword with strength…(And the skill tree)

What about armor? :smirk:

Vanity

Ah, you’re right. Although, this is more for wizards so that their weapons are really nice. But yea, I should’ve thought about that, sorry.

It’s a good suggestion tho. High effort and creative.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you just say that because you saw drawings

2 Likes

used effort to make the drawings lol

2 Likes

Okay, I love the idea in and of itself (Especially the magic forge and ambers ideas, those are sick), but I don’t like the idea of a randomly generated island. I think that it would be better if there was an NPC in one of the larger towns that had a magic forge which you could use if you paid them. Anyways, take vote.

1 Like

Not even gonna bother reading the suggestion just have my fucking vote

No reason to render weapons useless as the game goes on. Imagine if that was done with weapons like the deluxe katana in AA, that’d suck.

5 Likes

ayo is that genshin impact?

use Arcane impact

Dang, it really is similar to genshin impact in a way lol, didn’t notice that until you pointed it out, woops

strength and skills don’t make level 150 weapons viable at level 300
they make level 150 weapons viable at level 150

I dunno how much this suggestion would actually add (we’re nowhere close to obsoleting any interesting weapons rn), but I don’t see why not. The randomly generated island is probably a bit much though.

1 Like

100% agree with everyone saying that randomly-generating the island is too much, I should’ve thought about it more before sending the suggestion. I’ll keep it in mind for my future suggestions!

my main weapon is an old shortsword (its the first weapon i got ingame AND my best friend gave it to me. because he found it.
im gonna keep using it even if i dont need it. but i would like a way to better my sword

1 Like

my only real problem is the “elemental ambers” part, im not sure how to feel about practically having an extra mini magic on top of the 2 that we’ll be getting for AO.
maybe if it allowed the weapon to conduct one of the magics you have?

2 Likes

You’re right, that does seem a little powerful. If it would conduct one of your Magic’s, it would kind of be a magic weapon, which may be a little lackluster since you’d probably have a lot of those weapons at this stage of the game. Also keep in mind that ambers are pretty rare, it would take some time to get them. But yes, elemental ambers should be changed a little, thanks for the feedback!

This might be better as an enchantment for weapons that allows it to get upgraded more than it’s level cap

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.