We're getting weapon skills?

I think its very important for weapon users to get their 3rd skills, not everyone uses greataxe after all

1 Like

That very much depends on the strength of those 3rd abilities. On top of that theres already a lack of variety for warrior builds if youre talking about the meta so it wont change much.

Hybrids already get loads of options. Conjs get both magic and weapons.
Warlords get both fighting styles and weapons.
And savants can get anything.
It not being accessible to hybrids is fair.

You can say the same about rare weapons so thats not a good argument

On top of all that the current weapons are kinda lacking anyways. There really shouldnt be a thing like “you cant unlock this weapon skill cuz it doesnt exist yet” it just doesnt sound right In this case imo its better to focus on the existing weapons first before adding new ones

we did?

1 Like

Deliberate Misinformation :speaking_head: :fire: :fire: :fire: :100:

Lets say that all of those 3rd skill weapons are usable and balanced and we go through the minimum added and maximum added:

At minimum you now are using the two 3rd skill weapons with some other good weapon with 2 skills, less variation

In between you’re using those 3 3rd skill weapons, less variation

At maximum you’ll be using only some combination of the 4 available 3rd skill weapons, less variation again

Meanwhile lets say that we get the two rare weapons in a state which neither are overpowering the other ones:

Two rare weapons - adds more to the pool of weapons usable and can make more combinations, more variety

I just said in this update how warlocks will be likely to get the ability to use the new spells AND new techniques, meanwhile warlords and conjs lose out on what warrior is getting and only get half of the new things when they don’t have nearly as much as the other builds

It makes more sense for rare weapons to exist because the dark seas entire thing is going to explore and get more treasure to become more powerful, meanwhile third weapon skills are something you get with leveling up, and guess what expands levels? Storyline updates. :exploding_head:

The only hope I really have now is that Vetex doesn’t make it so people vote on the weapons that get 3rd weapon skills because people can find that vindicator will be able to get a third weapon skill

having an entire class of weapons get a new ability is far more variety in the future than just adding a specific weapon with a unique skill

also, non maxed out players could use it, making warrior a bit better for the storyline. That’s a very important distinction, that players in most games forget. That being, that new players exist as well

3 Likes

We’re forgetting this is only 2-4 weapons getting 3rd skills aren’t we?

I hard doubt a new player will have most of these skills unless they specifically sought out for them, which at that point is unlikely for a new player, not to mention they’re only usable for warriors at 85+, which is after argos

That’s only something that helps you at Carina and after, not a very helpful change at that point

1 Like

there’s always rivals to fight

you are forgetting this is 2-4 weapon TYPES, as opposed to 2-4 weapons.

you’ll be able to use them with with any weapon of like bronze quality+ of that type, as opposed to a single rare weapon you need to actively seek out in the dark sea

1 Like

I’m sorry. 3rd weapon skills can’t be used by hybrids. Neither can rare techniques or rare spells yet. And warriors have so few abilities that we should get at least something.
Rare weapon skills can’t be used either. And only 1 skill once nimbus sea drops.

1 Like

Perhaps I should have clarified that more, but this still doesn’t say much. This just means that they get it at normal weapon quality before they throw it away for the cooler looking rare weapon which gets more stuff later on. They don’t change in stat level access anyway so they basically just upgrade their weapon in every way :person_shrugging:

The new skills being added are likely available for hybrids, most skills will be accessible at different stat levels

why are people arguing about weapons vs weapon types

its just more stuff to play around so idm if both come or not

1 Like

the first skill on the vindicator is 160 weapons. Hybrids can’t have 160 weapons currently.

I mean for the ones being added

true, lets stop this arguing in this topic and move it to another instead

2 Likes

What do y’all think the second Rare Spell will be like? Guessing that since Javelin sounds like a Beam-like spell, the other one will be similar to an Explosion, or maybe that ground-only Leap spell I saw on the Wiki some time ago.

grab move in general have weird hitbox, in my experience rapier’s grab, snare and rushdown all work weirdly

they don’t have hitboxes like blasts so they usually just end up going to their max distance if you miss even slightly

unless you mean the multi hits on some grabs, those are for some reason unfixable i think

1 Like

Do you want to know the main reason warrior sucks right now? because it has the smallest moveset of all classes in the game. Warrior needs 3rd weapon skills to feel more versatile and fun to play because warriors are barred off access to magic and fighting styles.

There are so many loadouts that are just thrown out of the window because like half the weapons have grabs, which is 1/2 of each weapons’ attacks, that share their FULL cooldown with each other.