What are the different Prices for Gems? are some rares worth more than other?

Ive been trying to trade Gems but I dont really know values so I would like some help with knowing how many Galleons or items to ask for in a trade.

all rare gems are worth very little, theyre not useful at all except for getting 15 of a specific gem to upgrade a deckhand, or grinding for perfect jewelcrafting. maybe 25-50 coins each

for exotic gems, it varies greatly, but versatile gems like morceni are worth more
for the price of each exotic gem, theres no 100% answer. ive tried trading for exotic gems before and barely anyone accepts them, they are weirdly protective of them.

You can trade an exotic gem for a powerful/armoured scroll

Maybe so, but the average player isn’t willing to trade away a gem for that little. I’ve tried to give upwards 300 galleons for a single rare gem and people still weren’t willing to trade. I’ve also seen players drop a thousand galleons (or even more!) for just a few gems (and some other silly things but that’s besides the point).

It probably doesn’t matter how much you trade for rare gems - as long as it isn’t too much for you, cuz of galleon inflation.

The average price for a single rare gem in my experience is maybe around 200 galleons? But it depends on how many they have (i.e. someone with 15 of a gem is more willing to trade it away). Of course, this can vary depending on the player (e.g. are they also trying to upgrade deckhands, or whether they are a new player). You can probably get a discount if you buy gems in bulk though.

For trading exotic gems, yeah most people aren’t willing to trade them away. But if you treat it as more of a “gem exchange”, where you give them an equal amount of exotic gems of a different type, it makes it easier for them to understand the value of things.

usually rare gems around 400 galleons each in my experience

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.