What are your thoughts on student-teacher (romantic) relationships

Weird and unethical if tertiary education, very creepy and illegal if below that

The unbalanced power dynamic inherent in a student-teacher relationship makes it ripe for abuse and exploitation in and of itself, so I’d say “no” on most occasions.

The playing field changes a bit if the student is close to the teacher in age, but it is not completely leveled. The teacher still holds unbalanced power in the relationship, and I would still disapprove in most scenarios like this (not that my disapproval would really deter adults from doing what they want to in most cases).

I don’t believe in true love. I think it’s magical/wishful thinking at best, and it’s used to justify and conceal abuse as well as pressurize partners to continue in a relationship in which they give out more than they take, for instance, at worst. It’s just a tool used to romanticize and thus encourage marriage. That, for now, is my theory. It seems to add up so far.

Of course, this is not to say that people can not feel strongly about one another, but such closeness does not require any romantic feelings to exist. It can be considered a phenomenon isolated from romance. The same goes for infatuation.

As for specifics, I don’t know, but I imagine the ideal would be an age gap of at most 2 years when either of the two are below 25, and one of at most 6 years when both are older than that. 25 seems to be the general consensus on when the brain fully matures.

1 Like

My only issues with it are:

• Favouritism
  • Bias
  • Other stuff I don’t want to describe.

Mostly no but it’s depend i guess
Err…
Depends, tho i still rather not… having ? Supporting ? Idk what’s the word for this, it just (most of the time ) bring more harm than good

1 Like

If they’re both of age I don’t give a single shit :fr:

1 Like

fucking disgusting

In most instances. Yes.

N o

Again though, if it isn’t illegal… I couldn’t care less what other people do.

i only think its ok if the student is like, 20 and the teacher is at max 35, and even then its still sort of ehhgdhdj

Also, why are you asking this?

That and genital removal

1 Like

because im in love with my teacher duh

I’m pretty sure some country do that yo r*pe or p3do
Cant remember which one tho

1 Like

I beg your ducking pardon

:flushed: :point_right: :point_left:

sensei . .

this took a fucking big turn

i was just kidding lol

i just wanted to see what people think cause my friend and i disagreed abt it. we talked about it cause i was watching domestic girlfriend and the topic came up

You are going to horny jail