What Are You're TOP 3 UNDERRATED Mario Kart Songs? (can be from any game)

Mario Kart songs are great! We all love 'em, but which do you think are in need of MORE love?
List your top 3 underrated Mario Kart songs (in no particular order) and explain why you like them in short. Perhaps you could even add some speculation as to why they’re not as popular as the others :eyes:.

My top 3:

Donut Plains

Summary

One of the more relaxing/chill songs in Mario Kart. It has a catchy melody, a classic bossa rhythm, and a great intrument selection. Perhaps it’s not quite as well known as the other songs because of it’s track. It’s a very simple track with the least going on, which might be a turn-off for most Mario Kart racers (I love it though, it’s so beautiful).

Daisy Hills

Summary

I’ve never played Mario Kart 7, or have really listened to any of it’s songs, but this theme I stumbled upon really caught my attention. There is only one word to describe this song: bouncy. The bass and accordion really keep it chugging along, while the flute and xylophone play the happy-go-lucky melody. The most interesting dynamic is how the bass and acordion occasionally sharp their notes, creating diminished chords with the melody. The dissonance and quick resolution explains the somberful/nostalgic feeling you may get while listening. Anyway, why isn’t it very popular? Repetitiveness maybe? Forgetable track?

SNES Rainbow Road

Summary

How I love this theme. It’s definitely not heavily underrated compared to every other Mario Kart song, but when compared to the other rainbow roads, it tends to be at the bottom of people’s lists. The OG needs more love my guys. I mean, did you listen to it? That song got FUNK. The constant two-five chords and key changes over that groovy baseline is amazing. The last half before the repeat gives such an adventurous feeling, and leaves an impact of awe (you can imagine how emotional I was when I heard this in the Mario Movie, and then my dissapointment when they only played like 10 seconds of it :sob:). As for why it may be the least popular rainbow road song? The track has a pretty boring layout. The game is old, meaning very few young people have even played it before. The sound quality is quite dated. Maybe people are too nostalgic for N64 and Wii Rainbow Road lol.

GameCube Rainbow Road. That’s it.

Why do you think it’s underrated?

It fits the general premise of being the last track in the game, having some sort of ethereal feeling throughout. It’s also just a good song to listen to in general.

also for some reason it was used for a fake Nimbus Sea Sailing theme leak

1 Like

Real leak guys I swear!1!1!!

i know its not underrated but cope

Cmon man we all love coconut mall, but it’s overrated as hell :rofl: