What if Durza never got the Absorption Curse?

Pretty self explanatory. What would you all think would happen?

The world would be a much more different place. But hey, at least he helped with population control

1 Like

Would be a pretty cool setting for a roleplay, not gonna lie.

Then some other dumbo would get it. If Durza basically found it randomly, it wasn’t hidden well

durza would probably die off as a magicless person as everyone else. pk likely wouldn’t exist at all, and the curse would go to whatever individual falls in hades’ scheme ig.

authur and the one shot pirates would be still around for awhile, theos likely wouldn’t be the war phoenix probably. ramasees and savaria would probably be chilling unless they get into a scandal.

verdies would mess up culumus still since pk wasn’t there to stop him. averill likely wouldn’t get the light curse or die trying to get it. kraken would probably roam free and have his death magic wreaking havoc on the world if someone hasn’t already stopped him.

angel would’ve revived morrock possibly and everyone would have to deal with his wrath upon the seas. Magius wouldn’t exist what so ever and chaos likely wouldn’t get called down unless the new absorption curse user does so

all i can think of and not to mention a whole new history would unfold with different individuals. a really interesting idea tbh would be neat if someone took this to a whole other level for a different timeline of the arcane universe.

edit: remembered some stuff; verdies wouldn’t become an admiral for the ag most likely. black site if that’s canon would likely go on as no one would really investigate and stop them.

the samurai if thats canon would likely still be at mainland till someone comes and managed to beat them or no one at all. theos likely wouldn’t be dead from prometheus.

(saw your comment and yeah the 7 seas likely wouldn’t be around what so ever lol. got carried away still neat nonetheless)

2 Likes

Hold on. I thought most of the islands in AA were created by Theos and Durza’s fight?

yeah, i think its just gonna go to some other random person and the events would stay the same tbh
It was just Hades testing the curse and it was just Durza that got it

yep could be like that just in another name and not durza. but tbh i find that rather boring ;-; could have some magic user thats good be corroded by hades and what not. or not and they simply go full on avatar taking magic from those that use it for evil.

pretty sure someone else would get the curse eventually

but hey some plot points/destructions might change depending on how the character uses the curse, we might get less-apeshit durza or absolute menace instead

then the hades thing happened eventually

He got the title prior to iirc?

Cumulus wouldn’t exist

Seas wouldn’t be the same, AG wouldn’t exist for him to be part of, and Durza wouldn’t have killed his crew so not this either, presuming he’s even born

AG wouldn’t exist

honestly i just wish Hades was actually written with some accuracy to his mythology bc the whole “it was him behind it all along” feels like such an ass pull

1 Like

I think that Hades being the big bad was the plan all along, but then Vetex forgot to make him do literally anything before Durza dies so it ends up coming off as random. If Hades was a significant character early in the story, and some character/motivation was established, I think the twist could have worked.

I miss when pk just turned into a ghost that kept peace instead of a fucking unknown because unknowns aren’t even that relevant lore-wise except for Chaos and Freedrock.

Nobody cares about Zeus, all he did was go and die, then came back to life and died. I liked the twist when pk was supposed to kill undead Zeus but it turns out it was an illusion he was under and pk actually killed Theos because that makes Theos not die of fucking blood loss with the best known healing magic at his time. Poseidon was cool but dnc, ended up being weaker than cursebeard as well, just like Prometheus while also every unknown is “miles ahead of cursebeard.”

All Torren did was get fucked by Hades and then sealed.

All “creation” did was make the game sound more anime-like

1 Like

Wait was there a lore before the current one ?

Yes, a while ago

2000 something:
Vetex releases AA: Arcane Average
You play as a peasant with no magic and the end goal is to be a normal citizen. Facing through the trials of Magicism and no money, you must strive to be the best normal citizen there is and keep that spot from other peasants.

6 Likes

I miss that part of WOM you just weren’t congealed magic pollution waking up on a beach you were someone with a back story like a traumatic childhood or a noble. Sucks we are gonna lose that in AO

I’m pretty sure everything in sheep’s arcane adventure series is vetex approved and canon so yeah the samurai is canon

You’re forgetting that Samaria and Cumulus wouldn’t even exist anyways

Samurai is canon
King- something with Equinox magic isnt, Vetex said he doesnt even know who he is
Most of the Webcomic is canon, though some of them are LSS’s ideas as it’s nearly impossible to 100% convert a game into a webcomic