What is the actual point of shadow

Shadow is a rlly good magic but most pvpers who use it are honestly pretty trash even when their are using a magic with high damage, average speed, and a large hitbox.

1 Like

Well a tester told me synergies are practically irrelevant so

Tbh shadow might have a synergy in the future being light
Prob an equinox burn if both effects mix?
Also besides, I don’t see much synergies in WoM if that’s what you’re talking about.

Vetex mentioned at some point that shadow is a just a “dark evil energy” and not actual shadows so I don’t see why wither couldn’t come back (with an ID nerf to compensate because shadow is too good anyways)

To be honest, it’d would honestly look cool if you could collide both light and shadow blasts to create white/black explosion (I know this is a thing for mixing light and shadow) that could deal an extreme amount of damage if you’re near the blast. Would honestly be a great synergy for farming and pvping IF you know how to use it correctly. (Yeah, we do have equinox magic though, just thinking of a blast more damage than an equinox magic blast)

Oh boy, you stepped on the land of #game-discussion:pvp so many arguments are bound here.

Anyways shadow. I guess shadow is just a brute force magic? no synergies just pure force. I also would like to mention it is important in terms of logic because if there’s light and no shadow it wouldn’t be balanced so no equinox magic haha

the only ones you can get alone are the bleed synergies

Oh yeah, and I forgot about the rain
lightning magic.

snow and ice also

Ice and snow synergy is a pretty n-ice combo.
Prob water as well.

Well yeah freeze with no sunken swords/ water users

ahh i see what you did there.

i mean synergies will probably only matter in ao if you’re going mage build
and you would have to hit all your shots before the status runs out
so i agree with the testers that synergies are redundant
unless they are extremely good and easy to apply like plasma + fire being fast magics

conjurer builds have a good synergy with ice, since most weapons cause bleed and ice deals 40% more dmg when target is bleeding (so glass + ice is good synergy)

shadow is extremely op by itself, so is wind.
in pvp you mostly want good speed and dmg, and maybe good clashing (if you’re bad at blocking and dodging)

Thats what i plan on running for my plasma file since it doesnt synergize with much else but even thats a 1 way synergy :/

What I mean is that fire gets damage boost from scorched but fire gets nothing from burned. At least fire gets a 25% boost but still not much. Or I could just change my magics but I somewhat wanna run plasma just because it sucks

magma + acid is very good but theyre slow magics so only good for pve (at least until you get lost spells)

wait i just realized that fire/acid is a perfect synergy but if my acid file used it then i would have a duplicate fire and if my plasma used it i would have to lose plasma to have a duplicate acid file :/

These are some 1st world problems, me not being able to decide what magics I want…

literally the second best magic in the game

sand is better because its more based but for s*ats shadow is better

whats the best

water, easily.

1 Like