What makes wood so bad?

bec WOOD conj

i run a pretty fun wood conj build
the issue is that theres magics/fs that are just faster and do more damage than you
like the majority of magics/fs will just outdamage and outspeed you

and even with high attack speed, some weapons are still a bit slow to cast still which is a pain in the current meta

due to wood speed, i dont see ptd being viable. so i instead just use katana ss and musket
musket works well. no issues except m1s
flying slash is good due to wood increasing size it makes it a bit better. i cant seem to reliably land the teleport move but either thats a normal thing with katana or im washed
ss is just good in general

i dont know what you would swap katana out for (dual swords maybe?). if you cant use musket cuz youre washed then idk what to swap for that. at one point i was using greataxe but that weapon sucks bro

1 Like

If I would buff wood I would give it a new status effect (splintering maybe? Like a temporary drawback on the enemies)

Wood is perfectly fine on stuff like Thermo Warlock

it needs bark around the blast or something

I do think crystal would look better with a bit of translucency

Instead of temp drawback Iā€™d have it deal a moderately high tick of damage when the effect ends maybe you can stack it for a higher damage tick

yeah rn it just look like weird colored rocks

Feel like if diamond makes it in as a lost magic crystal will probably get a slight visual overhaul

when you think about it, would diamond magic imply the existence of graphite/charcoal magic?

Regarding the small conversation on crystal being uglyā€¦ I think it looks nice in the right light!

Unless there was some requirement to make those magics before making diamond magic, I donā€™t think so

not even rocks it looks like wet plastic, it needs translucency

1 Like

theres always diamond magic

i would say wood is pretty balanced for a solid type magic i mean its kinda just tottaly outclassed by the other solid magics but yk i recall something from the good old days of WoM when i fought a wood user who was guarding good ol minotaur he did like 300+ per hit and had like mega hp maybe around 1.2k but nowadays wood is kinda mid

Never seen a wood user

Its a really good question, back last year, i changed my second magic to woodā€¦ I think its pretty good, even for a second magicā€¦!

As said, all magics are balancedā€¦ But i think maybe nonmage wood builds are odd? Or perhaps theyre bustedā€¦ Who knows for this is a rare magic

all in all

wood conjurerā€¦ VERY BAD!!!

wood warlockā€¦ ehā€¦ used to be better, not bad though.

wood mageā€¦ :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

wood paladinā€¦ (full potential TBD)

Wood would be good if the only other magic in the game was glass

So I assume the only reason you keep drastically downplaying wood is because youā€™ve probably had your ass kicked by a few wood users