What sort of games(as in genres) do you play for fun?

What’s the genre(or genres) that really gets you in the zone? That you really enjoy playing?

For me, I like strategy games, mostly RPGs like Dragon Quest, or SRPGs like Disgaea, or bigger games like Dawn of War. I also really get into racing games and platformers, and have been a proud victim of the “Sonic Loop” since 1991.

RPG’s Grand strategy, your usual fps (counter strike). Maybe even colony managent (only 1 game which is rimworld) and survival (also only 1 game, zomboid)

Based, I forgot to list that. Save Our Ship 2 finally got a full release on Steam Workshop, btw.

Could never manage to get into playing that one, but I liked seeing others play it.

Yeah I saw SOS is back. I’m still a huge noob in pz (under 10 hours)

Idk what genre it is but I’ve really enjoyed playing sekiro. Its such a masterpiece.

Splatoon and Monster Hunter are the two mainstays. Grinding the shell out if Big Run rn

Sekiro is a Soulslike and yeah from what I’ve seen it looks great.

Wish I still had some NintenDON’TSUEME hardware, Splatoon looks fun. And Monster Hunter is never not fun.

Country strategy games, i like em

I play either Fighting games, RPG’s, or Shooters (and I never deviate from those).

I used to play TF2 really often but I gave up and decided that not playing it will be my New Year’s Resolution, I also have no faith in #FixTF2. I now play Typical Colors 2

I currently play Guilty Gear.

I play any slop RPG Maker games that I can find on itch.io / Gamejolt and leave a kind piece of criticism (They scream at me instead of reflecting).

Never got into TF2, though now that I’m seeing what everyone says about it, kinda swayed me against giving it a try.

Reject Guilty Gear, return to Blazblue lol

I mess around on Stellaris every now and then, if that counts as one.

Never manage to make it out of the Rim, though, because xenophobe races always show up with invasion fleets and take my worlds in the early game.

That’s not me exaggerating, that’s how my runs end every time I try to play Stellaris.

TF2 was better in like the 2014-2017 era, after that was when the game got no updates and got overrun with bots.

fighting games (umvc3 strive and a lil bit of jjba hftf)
dmc 3 and 5
a few fromsoft games (ds1,3,elden ring)
Limbus Company
and arcane reborn
pretty much everything ive been playing lately

management games / RTS games

Open world games generally, simulation games (Worldbox and TABS kinda), PvE shooters (HD2 :smile:, G&B kinda, and also Hellmet ig), and wave survival games (O:RL and G&B kinda)

UMVC is fun, mostly like watching people who really know what they’re doing play it.

I still need to go back and mess around in Vergil Mode (Spoiler, I guess, of what you can do after beating the game).

I enjoy Worldbox. Waiting for the day it’s fully released so the modding scene finally stabilizes.

I wanna play Helldivers so badly.

But my laptop would explode. And I own an Xbox, not a Playstation. :sob:

1 Like

Idek why, but I’ve been playing bee swarm simulator (of all things) a lot recently… as in 100+ hrs in the last week or two. Other than that, usually either RPGs or generally Adventure type games. Also games like world box and all (no idea what genre it is)

Platformers like Pizza tower and RPGS.

hardcore tactical shooters. Tarkov is one of my all-time favorites.

no, I’m not a masochist

Casual fighting games or shooters :+1: