What's everyone's beef with the balancing team?

my wind nerf

1 Like

well look at newest patch note, now stun effects are absolutely useless. normal stuns will only last 0.8 sec instead of 1 sec whilst imbued stuns will only last 0.4sec instead of 0.7 sec.
I get that stuns can have a large impact in pvp, but the problem is that stuns are now just something on paper. In practical terms it won’t cancel any attacks and now just stop movement.
The reason im complaining is like many others, there is no regerd for pve, why not make pve stuns always last 1sec so they actully do something, its already ineffective against bosses so why not make it actually visable. These nerfs make it so stun effects might as well be removed.
At this point i would rather opt for a higher damage synergy at the cost of not getting any stun effects at all cause now they are so gutted its useless

Man, 1 second stun was already not enough to have any real impact, now imbue stuns are getting gutted as well? 0.4 sutn is straight up garbage what is balancing team cooking

They only care about pvp, not about clarity not about balance not about pve. I’ve left and joined the server above 5 times cause its just frustrating being in there. HOW am i expected to play the game well when i have no idea how cause they change it 24/7, scalling changes so often, hitboxes change affinity’s change, I don’t even bother trying to get to know what’s good i was just happy my ice sailor warlock was doing fine, but now, of course its getting gutted, why, cause they only care about pvp and not clarity.

Like how many would know you get punished for using an imbued stun, how many would know if its agility or atkspeed that your skills distance scale with, cause i don’t know anymore, cause the balance team ruined the clarity of the game, and they only make it worse for every update.

2 Likes

Also just reading this i now know why my shot did lackluster damage sometimes, cause sometime they gutted shot, so its useless at long range, was wondering why those siren’s took half damge, how nice that the 50% damage of course applies in pve as well, makes perfect sense. WHY make strenght builds so god damn useless in pve, they already suck cause they have to fight up close, but their range is even more awfull than i knew.

Once again clarity, no where was it stated why my shot did that damage, i had no idea i could play around it, cause CLARITY is something the balance team forgot they should include like last year.

1 Like

yeah i think a change they 100% have to do is to start having different balance for pvp and pve. like you said stun being longer in pve for example could be a good one.

they cooking a house fire

i’m completly fine with that considering that it’s an early access game, we should 100% always expect stuff like this, this is just how early access goes.

1 Like

At this point I feel like they are just randomly changing things to make it look like they are doing something

5 Likes

true

The problem is that I don’t expect these balanced to change the game might be in “early acces” but its not functionging like it if you ask me. I don’t think Vetex will bother to make the changes.
I think the only reasonable way to make these changes displayed is quite simply (or around that) for Vetex, which is to introduce a list of changes for ALL skills and ALL magics and ALL weapons and ALL fighting styles, preferably ingame like the statistics. This would allow a normal player to know what applies to their build without looking around for that 1 specif thing someone mentioned about some changes to scalling.

They don’t balance things with slight adjustments as often as they should. A more reserved philosophy may serve the balance team well.

This.

Base iron leg size btw

1 Like

this is needed imo, but im biased against size builds

they ate my son

There’s a difference between “nerfing size builds” and “deleting size from size builds”

1 Like

In reality, it just means you have to make some sacrifices to get Munera-sized attacks, balancing out extreme size through increased required investment.

There remains that potential still regardless, but it won’t be nearly as easy to reach as it currently is. At worst, most size on size builds will lose around 5-10% of their size if they ran around 200 Attack Size. Can be negated by simply investing a bit more.

8 Likes

As many posts on the forums have stated before, there is a huge dissonance between the pve community and the pvp community. It certainly doesn’t help that a majority of changes regarding stat scaling are centered around what the balancing team has experience in pvp.

its not that the balancing team doesnt care about pve, its that you guys are literally checking a combat balancing document

2 Likes

literally nothing on the document indicates its specifically for PvP. The title is “AO - “Balancing” not AO - Combat Balancing”

“We will be working hard to strike a balance in Arcane Odyssey’s combat system that players will find fair, enjoyable and entertaining.”

Is the combat system used for PvP not the exact same one used for PvE?