When exactly is WoM/AO taking place? (A critical analysis)

A mix of thriller bark and franky from one piece all in one

ok

Yes it is

night

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Have a good sleep

God I feel dirty

It’s a mix of a lot of things, colonial ages, renaissance, and the start of the industrial period, so in terms of time period it’s Colonial and Renaissance combined with the 1800s industrial era, not quite the 1900s cause there aren’t cars, also WoM is from AA’s culture, so they’re still far behind where the location of AO is, if I had to guess, the war seas is probably at an era of the mid 1900s, and considering this, they might find the Promethean Flame curse soon, also magic is dying out because the gods are dead, and magic power in bloodlines are fading, oh and also the magic council seems to be hiding electricity from Magius despite it being in AA, this would explain why WoM is still far behind in technology, they would’ve been in the 1900s by now most likely

unfortunately, due to magic, steady technological cannot be achieved. Thus, the era it is at could go up or down at any point, due to all the times the world has ended.

I wouldn’t say that. The people in WOM’s era are still doing fine right? I mean, look at Magic Council Majors. They are pretty powerful, right? The only reason it’s so peaceful and stuff is because anytime some evil dude tries running amok, the Peacekeeper is there to keep the peace, and doing whatever that

bit irrelevant to topic but that curse is legit somewhere in space and i honestly doubt it’d come back down anytime soon. the inferno curse would be a more likely bet if the grand fire curses are somehow involved based off the blue flames on the title

but other than that i feel it’s more of a 1800s era or so and maybe the war seas nearing early industrial revolution for the war seas should iron clads be a concept or smth dunno

I know but it’s cool to think about, the flame curse isn’t floating around in the solar system or anything it’s orbiting the earth, so chances are once any civilization reaches the point of space travel which I’m sure they would around the time of WoM, they would most likely find the flame curse

There was electricity in AA, there were also guns and other weapons and technology, yet, not even one of these appear to exist in Magius, there is a statue of the founder of electricity, but there is no trace of electricity at all, no where can you find a single light bulb or anything that would be powered by electricity, yes they are still doing fine, but they are still behind because of this, and no you can’t use “maybe it’s only in more advanced cities” as an excuse because it would most likely be in almost every town by now if it was present in AA. Also the flooding, and chaos destroying shit and causing them to migrate, caused them to lose a lot of technology

As of what we know This only applies to Magius and the seven seas, the war seas have only developed quickly due to being at constant war

there are no trace of rifles in either game

might be tripping but i’m sure i had a rifle in AA

muskets arent rifles

ohh my bad then guess i was tripping since it’s been awhile

Aaaaaa it’s not the real world you would also have to consider the effects magic and general geography would have in scientific development aaaaaa

it just made it worse.

Why don’t the Grand Navy soldiers use magic?
It’s because technology has advanced.

By tue way, our good old cultures in wom had many opportunities to advance their technology, but they refused. Why the fuck didn’t they mine some metals and minerals and make some technology shit instead of using shit from the middle ages?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.