Whenever a new magic is discovered/created, who determines what's on the magic circle?

What’s preventing a magic creator from using (for example), the epic face logo for their new magic?

This is what we’re trying to work out in AO. This is the end goal.

ig its related to their feelings and thoughts to the magic? if i created magma magic i would have also thought of a volcano

maybe it has to have an image of something that can represent the magic, which is why the symbols are the same in the seven seas and war seas

The person who creates a new magic is probs using existing elements for new magics. Like someone creating Aether Lightning might be taking from Aether and Lightning, the symbol becomes some amalgamation of the two.

A lot of Lost Magics so far are upgrades of already existing base magics, and if some of them were man-made, then some mightve been created based off of said base magics that this new magic is an upgrade of.

Idk if this applies to Ancient Magics. It was said that they were gifts from the Gods during the Golden Era of Magic, but idk if this has changed and that some of them were created by humans during said era.

The man-made magics concept is actually a very recent idea that Vetex and Tech discussed about (or perhaps “bring back” if you consider Vetex’s old backstory for Aether Lightning in AA).

well Chaos has been around since before everything, probably just have some form of omniscient

or maybe its something something the collective human consciousness

I’d like to think someone has tried to do something like this, but Chaos went fuck that shit and struck then down to Tartarus

Vetex

The Seven Seas and War Seas have different symbols. The one in AO is a single lightning bolt while the one in AA is three.
LightningCircleAO
LightningCircleAA

The Earth and Water symbols are also slightly different.

i forgor

though they’re both depictions of the element they’re casting, so it could be true

Well what about mutations? :thinking:

Probs a similar process, since mutations are direct upgrades to the base magics you have.

we know that magic in war sea evoled differently ( like shadow magic ), could be that

or maybe we’re overthink this and this is just one of those “it is what it is”

pretty sure lost magics are just mutations some mf wrote down how to learn on a scroll, so same general idea applies to them.

When the world was once a supercontinent, only mutations existed. So when Durza exploded the earth. I guess all the Ancient scrolls were conveniently placed in the exact same place as the war seas, so people started learning them instead of mutating. And 800 years in, People can be born with 13 more starter magics, some of them being former mutations

i always thought it was kinda decided by the gods, the magic creators only really discover a magic, the gods already decided what the symbol would be and stuff.
I’m probably wrong about this, but its always what I believed

the symbol is probably a medium to convey the substance the magic should emulate, and it just differed between the seas as to the general way wizards would draw the symbol (alongside the complexity of said circles)

cuz also with the magicless enchanting circles they’re devoid of a symbol, and maybe it uses the structure it’s enchanting (weapon, armor) as it’s “symbol” but in an enhancement type of way

1 Like

whats better than having a magical picture of osama bin laden flying at you!