Where did some magics even come from?

You can create a blast with magic circles, alchemists have magic circles, alchemists can create a blast, they just need more help, they’re special.

Too busy drinking lean*
(Enizor is sharing his recipe)

Those are Man made magics

I mean, they clearly arent really being made anymore, but the answer is they all originate from the Golden Age of Magic, where everyone speedran making their own shit

1 Like

actually there are some post golden age, but those are decanonised because wom doesnt exist anymore

But WoM very interestingly brought up the idea that magics can split .

Ie. Metal in AA became Iron and Gold in WoM, primarily because the teaching of Metal just fractured between the properties of different metal.

So, definitely hoping to see canon examples of this, or maybe it’s already happened in lore with something like Ice and Snow seperating

1 Like

From my brief reading of the lore document, it seems all the “manmade” magics just different mutations of the already existing magics. The creation of the new magics is likely just how they adapt to the mage using/experimenting with it, similar how mutations work for organisms.
It’s not clarified how these mutations occur other than just becoming “more powerful” so this leaves room for speculation. “More power” is situationally dependent probably explaining how ice/snow split (and the non cannon iron/gold split).
What I find interesting is the idea of magic developing on it’s own to begin with. This could imply that magic could be more inherently genetic that’s different from some unexplained latent magic energy, which for whatever reason is separate from spirt energy since oracles and whatnot exist.

i hae a light
i hae the absence of light
bam! shadow-light!

yo W profile btw b&w and b2&w2 are the best pokemon games ever

1 Like

Thank you thank you, gen 5 is peak

don’t mind me definitely not taking this out of context in quotables

Give it rune effects and then when it hits someone, instead of doing damage, it enchants their gear with Drawback.

i would’ve loved a tungsten magic tbh, absolutely my favourite metal

so if i combined wood and water i could try to make sakura magic. LETS GO CHERRY BLOSSOM MAGIC

I feel like that’d make Mangrove.

no not if its cherry wood

The clash lost against every solid magic but glass due to brittleness:

nah i think it’s pretty good (i think this is a good comparison for clashes? idk)

even just the weight being similar to gold should be enough though, and it’d at least win against heat magics

Tungsten is like, notoriously brittle

That’s monocrystalline tungsten, which is far more refined but I don’t think that’d work (gimme low flash but huge stats magic vetex pleaaase)

past wom when mfs finally reach industralisation this would be op