White Crystal Color Variant

White Crystal Color Variant
effort 4.0 2 quality 4.5 2 reasonability 3.5 2

Looking at the existing colors of crystal, it’s clear the existing varieties are supposed to correspond to the primary colors in the visible spectrum, and while I know there is no white in a rainbow without some mental gymnastics, I still think crystal should have a neutral color variety.

As for the name, there are several crystals that can be considered white or have white varieties (not that I’m an expert or anything), so some names could be:

• Quartz
  • Moonstone
  • Opal
  • Salt

Credit to Renritxsu on the wiki, that’s where I got the idea.

I believe diamond magic is planned as a lost magic, and that’ll look like white crystal magic, so crystal can’t have a white variation.

Not locking the thread until I’m sure, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this suggestion come up before.

1 Like

The thought crossed my mind regarding diamond, but I wasn’t sure if it would be white exactly. Regarding previous posts, I thought I had seen it too, but I did a couple searches on the discord and didn’t find it.

2 Likes

Y’know what jokes people are gonna say right…

I don’t think any new variations are gonna ever make it in but I wouldn’t mind this addition

1 Like

Crystal has more variants than it really needs, I don’t think this is necessary.

Also, there are lots of white-clear magics/variants:

Ice, Diamond, Glass, etc.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of ice, but glass is more clear (that is to say, transparent and colorless) than white, I can hardly see it at all sometimes on my computer.

So you’re asking for meth magic?

1 Like

Exactly, what could be more devastating than riddling your opponent’s body with meth crystals? +100 insanity.

This is the name on one of my chickens

That’s cool, chickens are pretty great.

Considering Diamond Magic, Ice Magic, and that it doesn’t fit in very well, I don’t think it’s too reasonable. I like the connection with salt and quartz, but there’s too many lookalikes, plus crystal has the most variations of any magic already.

Ice is a really good point, but I can’t find a description for diamond. It doesn’t say on the trello that it’ll be white. I also don’t think that the number of existing variations should be a factor in adding another.

Granted, it’s not a big deal, and it may be more effort than it’s worth (or maybe not, idk) but having a neutral color choice (doesn’t have to be white exactly) would be neat.

Pick earth gray if you want neutral

1 Like

Cocaine :hungry:

I think that’s probably a better idea

As someone who used Crystal for a very long time. I very much do not see a white varient being added.
The Crystal varients we have now are good enough. Diamond magic is also planned to be a lost magic. I can see that being just white crystal.
Besides, tourmaline varient all the way! :crystal_magic_var7:

1 Like

solid cum magic :nod:

Salt magic: the most meta and toxic magic
:fr:

white magic

obligatory c*m :flushed:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.