Why are people complaining about the update recently released?

All because vetex’s a solo dev so there’s no one who can shoot down his dumb ideas.

That should be the job of the testers. Emphasis on should bc theyve barely done their job :sob:

3 Likes

Didn’t vetex push some stuff despite testers saying it’d be a bad idea?

I’m getting 20 fps in combat idk how since my really isn’t that great

No idea but i wouldnt be suprised if he did

For me I didn’t expect much because most of the hype updates are months away like the dark sea

2 Likes

Balance changes started being ticked off the day before :skull:

I recall someone screenshot vetex in discord saying he doesn’t care if people leave the game since he would rather deliver a good update that wasn’t rushed (or something similar)…but then he locks himself by giving an update release date and leaving easy fixes overlooked (like copying and pasting conjurer imbue buff since warlocks already have it)

Deleting items without an announcement.

Trade level cap causes making alts to be better than supporting the game and buying more files gamepass since an alt is already needed to trade with yourself. (Just give the gamepass havers in-account trading or a file item bank)

yes

that falls under complete garbage :skull:

For arcane odyssey standards it’s pretty high

to be fair, AO standards are completely abysmal for lag lol

Exactly ong

1 Like

There’s plenty of people who didn’t want early access believe it or not. Also some of the bug fixes and balances changes have only affected the game negatively like the sharks and inventory item wiping issue.

People are allowed to criticise as long as they are not an ass about it.

I wonder if he plays his own game

1 Like

Here we go with the “vetex needs to hire a dev team for better updates” shit again. It’s not his pride holding him back, it’s fucking roblox.

Scripters will never be hired. What we have is what we’ll get.

He does. He has too in order to make sure everything is working properly, but things still fly under his radar. He played a bit of AO before early access was released. I would give you proof but that would be leaking patreon chat lol.

Anyways, the updates reception is a result of people expecting too much from UPDATE 1 , and because of the inconveniences that pile up into a mountain. I haven’t played much of the update myself, but basically the issues are:

Now i’m not going to tell you that these aren’t issues and that you should shut your eyes and ears to them and that update 1 is the greatest thing vetex has ever done, but to me, it sounds like nobody hates what the update has to offer.

They hate the lack of quality of life/polish- and that’s understandable.

No matter what new content is added, as long as inconveniences, imbalance, and lag exists, people will go “trash update laggy and literally unplayable. Vetex needs to hire a dev team.”

5 Likes

Alr I can’t defend vet on that one.

Would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better if vetex pinged everyone and gave a warning in the discord bc not everyone reads the trello.

He forgot to fix the removed bleeding effect

1 Like

The new update isn’t mid. It’s just the lack of things that were promised and QoL things.

For me, the lag isn’t that bad. 40-ish fps is the same as what I got in WoM.
Lightning Conjurer buffs are non-existent. Only the base dmg was buffed
No bleed synergy still.
No optimization.
Aura doesn’t work like it’s supposed to.
Sharks are a pain in the ass.
Leveling up still sucks (61-93)

Vetex needs to hire people to work on QoL, balance changes, optimizations, etc. Updates pump out way too slow and the player base needs something fresh

1 Like

I don’t mind the slow content updates but it hurts nobody to release optimisation, balance and QoL changes early than sit as fixed in trello for a month. He went out of his way to hotfix Kai, Merlot and snow mage but not features that make the more game enjoyable

“even if i wanted to i can’t” so he doesn’t want to. If he really wanted to even have a possibility of getting help he’d make AO a group game when he started working on it.

I just realized that I lost my strong vindicator and my most the rest of my boss weapons for my earth conjurer, not to mention ALL of my ship parts for my other characters. I’ve kind of lost all of the hype and joy I had playing this game. I think im just gonna quit and start fresh when it fully releases. Hopefully it will be more fun by then and have more content. I just worry that it might die like WoM or AA if things like this keep happening or people just straight up lose interest entirely.