Why are the Sirens in the Dark Sea?

If I recall correctly, there was something in the Trello mentioning Atlantean Sirens. This implies they can be mutated.

And as they can join your crew in future updates, this also implies they can exit the Dark Sea. So my question is:

If staying in the dark rain for a long time mutates them eventually, why did they choose to settle there in the first place, even while knowing the Dark Sea is dangerous? Are the Warring seas even more dangerous for them and their kind?

I assume it’s because sirens would probably be like hunted to extinction in the warseas (since most of the time they attack humans, but in the warseas, it’s a lot easier for humans to team up and shred apart siren nests than it is in the dark sea)

not to mention how weak sirens are in comparison to other NPCs in the warseas, they probably just don’t want freaking level 280 wanted criminal named “Beckham” to absolutely destroy them

1 Like

Its because the war seas are human ONLY and I don’t want any dirty birds pooping over my beautiful sea.

2 Likes

Uhh… looks to the white eyes in the distance, and the flying blue whale.

:+1:
I see.

Note that they’re only mutated in the far reaches. Given that you don’t even get water poisoning in the first range, it’s clearly safer closer to a sea cluster, so they’re probably somewhat resistant to mutating

As for the being in the war seas, who says there isn’t some sirens living in the war seas? They look just like normal (or rather, beautiful) people, could probably make some banger vocals for a song, and are probably great at hunting, given that their cousins in the dark sea are cracked with magic/bows.

Melton, Giles, Petersen? Fetch me their wings.

As said though, it’s probably a happy medium between the threat of the dark sea’s effects on them and that of humanity as a whole. Keraxe’s unhealthy interest in the Dark Sea might be one reason why a siren queen might be willing to cut a deal. They’re probably at greater risk nearer the Vimir and Nimbus seas if they send armed expeditions storming into there, probably killing any sirens in earshot.