Why death shouldn't be an edgy magic (or at least have a non edgy variation)

death magic, as most here know, is a planned ancient magic that will probably have some darkness edgy looking vibe to it and overall is probably gonna be an ezia magnet in terms of appearance and effect, which isn’t bad, but I feel like death should also have something to make it more of a neutral than evil magic.

death itself as a concept is not really bad or good, it’s a neutral force that exists in nature, take fire for example, fire can mean destruction or rage, but it also means warmth and safety. Death can be seen as transferring into the next phase of existence, or nature just keeping balance to the ecosystem, it isn’t really an evil awful thing, it’s just the perception of the user I guess. if that makes sense

for example in real life, take dia de los muertos, the day of the dead, death is celebrated with colors and music, food and family, it isn’t even remotely grim in the slightest, it’s loud, it’s fun, and it’s meant to honor ancestors as they have moved on from the mortal realm and now live on in the memories of loved ones.

sure death can be grim too, like I previously mentioned, but I feel like maybe somehow we should make death kinda more of a neutral ancient that really depends on who uses it.

idk give it like a colorful variation to contrast the dark one that probably will exist

13 Likes

I like this idea, death by PURE COLOUR AND JOY

8 Likes

not a bad idea actually, but people (the edgy kids) will probably complain about it

eh we’ll just have multiple variants then

edgy or not edgy tis the question

idk how you wouldnt make death a dark magic
the description in the list was ‘only forbidden and cursed spell types’ or something.
i mean if you can visualize non dark death magic i can probably get it but rn i cant think of any way to make death not dark.

black, grey, and white could all represent death
black = darkness after death = death
grey = ashes = cremation = death
white = pale skin = no blood = death

2 Likes

make it represent the festivity of dia de los muertos with probably mostly a gold color to represent the flowers they use on day of the dead

or make like a cool neon green version of death thats always nice

ooh these are cool thoo

yes but like
visuals?
i understand the coloring but how would it look

I don’t think spanish people exist in AO

damn

what kind of universe is this.

well I mean

hmmm…

if death is gonna be represented as a dark scary thing, maybe we can make like an inverted color scheme version of it representing going into heaven or something

(omg bootleg equinox lol real??)

They exist here

White death sounds like it could be pretty badass

1 Like

death variant names:

“fate” - dark version that we all know of

“acceptance” - white version

Tuberculosis

3 Likes

Would be cool but im pretty sure ancient variation aren’t going to be added or atleast planned :pensive:

eh who knows but I would be pretty shocked if they weren’t

well maybe we compromise with a grey version, called “purgatory”

Orange inferno variant

hear me out but that could be kinda badass

Gtfo with that shit nobody wants orange inferno
But white death might be cool