Why doesn't the MC die?

every time when you die, you just respawn, and better, if you get executed or hunted and it gets mentioned in agora, even when you talk to npcs, they act like everything is fine and not that there is an person that was mentioned as dead in agora (maybe it can be like that cuz they dont know how the person that is mentioned in agora as dead looks, but still)

3 Likes

Most likely its just a gameplay reasons. In lore we don’t die.

But if you want it to look more canonical (I mean, connect gameplay with lore):
After death gods take form of spirits and under unknown circumstances can reborn, there is a theory exists that our character is god’s descendant, so he may be able to survive as a spirit and reform his body, its will also explain why we are glowing in blue colors (spirit’s color) when we respawn.

4 Likes

I always think of it as quantum immortality. Once we die we go to another universe where we are not dead. But there is a lot of holes with that argument

2 Likes

In AA it was because we were undead and it, for whatever reason, I forgot, made it impossible for us to stay dead for very long.

Here, though, we aren’t a reanimated pile of magic dust that’s been gathering energy from the sea for the last couple thousand years so I dunno.

why doesn’t edward kenton, morden, enizor, or iris die?

Because the plot mandated it

Well, I made a “theory” that kind of covers that question, although it wasn’t answering this specific topic.

I personally think it’s because the player holds the power of healing endlessly. The player can withstand life threatening injuries like losing limbs with ease, and quickly recovering their hp.

Also because the player has the faster recover rate, with almost an unlimited potential

This may be related to why the player doesn’t die, just heals a lot

I figure the mc doesn’t die for the same reason most other video game mc’s don’t die

sonic isn’t canonically dead no matter how many times he drowns underwater, so the same goes for the mc, it’s just gameplay

also where it plays this goofy a deep sea monster noise every time you respawn