Why I hate immersive NPCs being removed

Keep npcs moving.Stationary npcs are bad

i’m surprised that people are complaining about the immersive npcs being removed and not the continent idea.

I didn’t like em from the start that u cant give the completed quest to sleeping ones, and sleeping metalworkers + alchemists

and in general twitching from them

Why can’t Vetex at least keep a portion of the system? Sure, it is quite annoying to have to hunt for NPC’s to either kill them or get a quest from them or buy/sell something, but just having a few random NPC’s in a town that walk around for cool immersion would make the game feel much better. And anyway, assuming that all of the seas will be split up across different servers like it was done in AA, that means that there could be more room for things such as random NPC’s. In my opinion, a blended model of important/useful NPC’s being stationary but having a few random ones that walk around and can be killed would be much more interesting (although enemies wouldn’t be random, that just makes farming annoying).

2 Likes

Someone already posted what I said lol

The continent made it a pain to travel though

They sure as hell didn’t make me feel more immersed lol.

1 Like

And how would adding a sea between everything make it any less of a pain?

This, imo, sums up what is the best way to keep immersion while having the new static npc system.

2 Likes

I mean, cause yes.

Oh boy, I’mma miss them alright

Rest in peace immersive NPCS. I’m definitely gonna miss them ;( i crii

1 Like

TRUE. Cutscenes oughta be cool

No, sleeping NPCs are absolutely wasted space. Even outside of quests, shopkeepers going to sleep is just fucking obnoxious. They ate up a ton of performance to annoy the shit out of players. Respawning after 3 minutes is still three minutes they’re entirely unavailable and 3 minutes they can still absolutely be killed. It’s a cool feature sure, and I think it’s interesting, but somethong being cool and interesting is not the same as it being good for the game.

What about removing sleep cycles. Sure they won’t be as immersive as before but they won’t annoy players and will be at least more immersive then stand still NPCs. Also I really don’t know what you’re seeing but I play World Of Magic almost daily for around 5 hours. I’m serious this isn’t an exaggeration. In that time no where do I see an evil rep person kill a shop NPC. Sure it is possible for them but it rarely happens I’m telling you

people will hate the fuck outta you for killing shopkeepers so thats why people avoid killing them. they still take resources even with removing the sleep cycles and the whole respawning process is long and tedious

I said remove sleep cycles EZ

They were one of the reasons I kept on playing Wom because I never saw this especially in a roblox game

This is one of the few things which bugged me about the revamp to be fair. I personally hope you find a way to compensate the static NPCs in any other way. Maybe it would help to reduce NPC spawning to player proximity, therefore only NPCs in populated areas would influence the games performance.

1 Like

Here, one word:
Horses.