Why I think magic is the most boring form of combat in ao

5 magis * 8 spell slots = 40 spells

Imagine charing your blast lol, cringe

all 40 of those spells arent original at most maybe like 15
also that is late late game with multiple updates

Different magics → different spell use → same spells are not the same if they used in different magics

and plus - we’ll have much…MUCH more lost spells over time, so gg ez.

Deepwoken literly doesnt let you customise lol

Fym?

In the 5 hours I have played it there was like no way to customise your spell

no wonder

If the supposedly game-changer feature doesn’t show up in 5 hours then I don’t consider it a game-changer

meh mage is a classic ppl love the classics
+big boom visuals

I got the spell it just didn’t let me customise

it’s still an early game we don’t know anything other than what vetex says and trello but Idk maybe I’m wrong

Just saying this again, warlord builds will likely be the most customizable class due to being able to choose which fighting style you have, what weapons you have equipped and because fighting styles are fully customizable, also what skill/technique combos you use. Plus fighting styles will have lost techniques so magics won’t even have that.
The only thing I could see Magic having over anything else is ancients(obviously though fstyles and weapons will have the equivalent) and synergies

ahem
savant

it is boring until lost spells

you can lol?!?!
modifiers (sparks/general ones) and gems
you can do it when you get the items which are easily obtained and a mantra

Flashy visual will get’s old when you see it for thousands of time, so it’s not a really good justification

I mean I guess, but you’ll just have 2 magics and 2 fstyles at the cost of damage, no infusions and whatnot

customization =/= damage.

agreed, magic currently is just obese bullets tbh

Ok but uhhh hear me out lost spells, magic shape (this still a thing?), special end game Magics that you can only build spell by spell (might also have this wrong lol) I’ll admit it’ll probably be the least interesting at the start but it definitely won’t stay that way.