Why is tier 4+ defensive structures only damagable by siege weapons?

my argument against this:
canon fist has high destruction, it can destroy terrain and stuff with ease, they do big damage against ships which is often unavoidable damage when you get close and personal
mortars are the same thing, often destorying trees and other breakables when you fire at them and you can predict where the enemy will be, with no way that the enemy spots the canonballs that spawn in the air in time and stop the ship/change course
they are identical, so why not further the similarities?

okay but in all seriousness, they arent the same yes, maybe im just salty that canon fist isnt getting invited to the ‘identical to ship weaponry’ group, maybe i want to have chip damage from the sides, maybe not

CANNON FIST BLITZ SHOULD BE THE MORTAR ATTACk!

counterpoint counterpoint counterpoint: canon fist deals true damage to ships, and i mentioned in parentheses that there could be a damage reduction to walls

counterpoint:

because then any strength build is basically required to get cannon fist if they plan to raid islands often and it becomes unfair for every other build, the high tier walls require siege weapon destruction so that people have to raid strong fortresses using ships rather than wail away at a wall with weak attacks for 3 minutes on foot

10 Likes

yeah okay fair enough im probably just salty that cfist isnt getting enough attention
making this change would probably make it overpowered too

nah man

the only way cannon fist can be overpowered is if it got a complete rework, cuz right now its basically permanently ass

(also sorry if this is kind of off topic vetex, but will cfist ever get a rework?)

go discuss that with him
ive had my daily dose of humiliation already

how

It’s over… Morock no longer exists, this guy is not Morock

now that mud magic and morock are gone, what will you glaze next?

not living anymore

Ok but honestly…
Does that mean sword of Morock’s fire is also retconned? Since Morock apparently never had promethean fire curse, he couldn’t have imbued it into his sword, right?

dm him
ping him
reply to him

I’d assume it still exists, its just not promethean fire. but instead some other curse (maybe scorch?)

too afraid the answer will be no to ask again

cannon fist NEEDS a rework

why? its a bit underpowered yes, but its not like i lose because i didnt choose any other fighting style

in fact, i say its good because its long ranged, you just need to aim well

no you don’t understand, it needs a REWORK. either normal cannonballs will be unusable, high tier cannonballs will be op, or an inbetween where nothing is fun.

ive been cooking up a rework idea for when I get suggestor, but I cant tell you now (suggestion out of suggestions)

you can tell me in dm and i wont report you

crash /w heavy grapeshot, snipe with light canonball, rushdown with heavy exploding, smash with dense

any other canonball can be used for quick ship sniping

oldest trick in the book, you cant fool me

also I’m still workshopping it