Why Rogue Lineage is terrible

why everytime someone complains about something on this forum everyone just spams skill issue and unfunny memes

1 Like

Yeah, I was fully expecting it. In fact, I thought there would be more.

1 Like

Because insensitive pricks is a very typical thing in Roblox communities related to MMOs with good combat mechanics.
(Rogue, kind has decent mechanics, but it’s better than most)

1 Like

Rogue has so many design flaws but its popular cause theres no other games like it on the platform, which sucks

19 Likes

wait, you played rogue at one point?

I played it once in like 2019 (?) for about 3 minutes. Spawned in a house, walked out the door, instantly was getting beat up by another player before I knew the controls, so I left.

I rejoined, my character was completely different and saying random words/doing weird stuff so I thought there was an exploiter (didn’t learn this was the effect of combat logging until someone explained it to me a week later), then I got jumped by 2 players so I just left. Legit trash game design, the “no hand holding” is no excuse

26 Likes

The entire game in a nutshell. Lol

Thank you for reaffirming what I said. Now that you’ve expressed a similar opinion to mine, people will be more inclined to agree with me out of respect for you.

3 Likes

I highly believe that games that require you to look throughout the internet just to make sure you get the basics right makes the game terrible of its own. I have no idea what was going on like a four year old child and I had to constantly look through YouTube to see what kinda stuff I needed to do (as well as tons of other people in the comment section may I add). The whole time I was just wondering about the map, which is still pretty cool, but other than that there’s nothing in that game that interested me. Also apparently I had some sort of bad race when I spawned (Scroom) and you have to pay 200 Robux just to get another randomized race which I’m simply not going to do. In the end I basically just quit since I had no idea what I was doing.

5 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. The game is obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. If you want to get into the game, you’ll need to have the wiki open at all times or else you’ll be completely lost.

theres a difference between hard and unfair
hard = difficult to beat, but fair. if you lose, it is your fault for lacking the skill (i.e super meat boy)
unfair = difficult to beat simply because it is bullshit. if you lose, it’s the game’s fault for having shitty game design (i.e rogue lineage)

1 Like

Yes, exactly. When I die in Rogue, I usually didn’t make any mistakes. I didn’t go to a place that was above my level. I didn’t pick a fight with a powerful opponent. I just spontaneously died because I happened to run into a no-life.

for me it’s the words " locked behind a paywall" cause

yeah
if you die due to your own fault you go like “damn it, i’ll do something else this time and try to beat it”
if you die due to the game’s fault you go like “this game is bullshit, how the fuck am i supposed to beat that”

can confirm this is a valid strategy
in other games as well

super meat boy is a good game
good to know people still know it exists

so does this mean there’s gonna be like
a marriage and family system added?
cause I know that’s a feature in other MMORPGs like Ragnarok Online
so it wouldn’t really be out of the question

A base class if skilled enough can take down full grown ass ubers.

Yeah ima have to say skill issue on that one chief

tenor (13)

Honest to god I think I’ll trust what Inferno said more.

Oh yeah?

This is a super and a base class against an uber.

MIND YOU. One ultra has the power of 3 supers. and 1 super has the power of 2 base classes

As for ubers? 2/3 ultras.