Will there be "ancient fighting styles"?

just a general question I’m curious about, nothing more. Just like magics I was wondering if there would be ancient fighting styles that were harder to get than lost fighting styles. I swear i thought i saw something like this on the trello before, but if not then im trippin.

cat

8 Likes

no, originally they were planned but someone suggested being able to upgrade fighting styles, vetex decided to do that since he couldnt think of ideas for ancient fighting styles

They used to be planned, but vetex got a suggestion on Twitter about having base and lost fighting styles be upgradable instead of having ancient fighting styles. Since Vet probably didn’t have any ideas in mind for any ancient fighting styles, he liked this route better

So now base fighting styles will be able to evolve into lost fighting styles somehow, and lost fighting styles will evolve into ancients. This is opposed to how they were were originally planned, where you’d need to find a rare scroll that would teach you the lost/ancient fighting style. (upgrading your fighting style will likely still be as rare as lost/ancient magics though)

8 Likes

taekwondo,

Oh alright, thanks man

Ngl It’d be sick asf if Fighting Styles had branching paths for upgrades. Like you could go one path were you reject your sensei’s teachings and learn a forbidden style or continue training with them and perfect the original style. It would be crazy to expect EVERY style to have like three different upgrade paths, so there could be overlap between fighting styles, but requirements would be different.

2 Likes

All for this though 3 upgrade routes for all those fighting styles could probably be tedious so it could take a while. Fine with 2 myself but I can’t say I don’t like the idea of more options, just that it’d take more time. My favorite fighting style ideas were branch-based in my one topic.

Yeah I’d like of fighting styles had diff ones they could evolve to instead of just 1

It’s almost like mutations in acway

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.