Will there be Magic "Grab Moves" in Arcane Odyssey?

Back in the game of Arcane Adventures each of the elements had some kind of “grab move”, Fire Magic had a bunch of barrages as a grab combo, Water Magic had a water prison bubble, and so forth.

If I had something to get out of my chest it would personally be this: I don’t see the point in the “Leap” Magic technique variation if Flight can be found through lost scrolls. This could be me just finding a way to rationalize putting “grab attacks” in the game if they were a part of the game already.

Edit: Scratch Flight out of this, I meant Hover.

there will probably be a grab lost spell

no it cant

they are, but not for magic

It can’t? I remember reading about it in the Trello notes.

Well, from the title you can tell that I meant the magic ones, I’m only asking regarding magical ones specifically. That’s kind of why I made the question to begin with.

i know you mean magic grabs, just didnt know if you knew if there were grab moves in the game as a whole and was clarifying

It can’t, flight was removed, plus you wouldn’t be able to use attacks while in flight. It was purely for transportation

Grab attacks already exist for weapons and fighting styles and will eventually be obtainable for magics through lost spells

Gotcha, I mainly meant by “Hover” instead of “Flight” sorry about that.

Hover is going to be a lost spell, if at all, and I don’t see how it would replace the leap spell since they basically do opposite things.

I meant it in the means that the Leap spell feels redundant when realizing you can leap by pressing T is all.

That’s a high jump. Leap spells can go higher depending on your attack size, maintain horizontal momentum, can be angled, and you can also use it in the air after doing a high jump for much more height.

I see, are their angles low enough that you could use them as a “diash”, of sorts?

No. You can do air stalling similar to hover if you set the leap spell to a low amount, though. Leap is still an incredibly essential skill for staying off the ground and getting to an advantageous position in which it’s difficult to punish you.

If you want a dash, just double tap a directional key or use a grab.

1 Like

magic grab moves are likely, but possibly only for lost spells.
we dont know the plans for new spells yet, as vetex makes all of them in private.
however, there are currently 2 open spell slots that will probably be filled by release (used to be hover and flight), so maybe we’ll see something for those.

i think that it would be COOL to get a magic grab move as a higher level spell, but im not a tester so i cant really answer your question

but yeah, it would be really awesome to see the different types of grab moves that can be created(would take a while though)

some are saying it’ll probably just be a lost spell scroll or something, again idk

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.